Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Christopher Nol » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

HELP!!!

I just finished a complete re-install of WinNT Workstation 4.0.  The last
application I tried to install was the Windows NT fax driver (from
Microsoft).  Upon execution of the install program I get the following
error, which appears in a dialoge box:

faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in
the dynamic link library MPR.dll

I then proceeded to install the NT service packs.  I noticed that service
pack 2 contains this file.  After the install of the service pack, I get
the same error.  mpr.dll is now dated with the service pack revision.  I
also get the error when opening a new document in Adobe Photoshop.

ANY IDEAS!?!?!??!?!

Please reply via e-mail, as I don't normally get this news feed.

Thanks!
Chris Nolan
http://sbaeweb.fullerton.edu

Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Od » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: HELP!!!
:
: =============================================
[...]

        Corel suite 7 does this. It trashes some files and causes this
        error. At least for me it doesn't do any serious damage (at least
        not so far). I get the same error message always when I open
        the first image after starting up Photoshop. After that no
        errors. So, in my opinion.. Corel is the one to blaim.

 -- Ode --

 Helsinki University of Technology
 Department of Graphic Arts Technology

Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by J. David Bry » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:54:39 GMT in article

>I just finished a complete re-install of WinNT Workstation 4.0.  The last
>application I tried to install was the Windows NT fax driver (from
>Microsoft).  Upon execution of the install program I get the following
>error, which appears in a dialoge box:

>faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

>The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in
>the dynamic link library MPR.dll

The entry point "WNetEnumCachedPasswords" is in the Win95 version of MPR.DLL,
not the NT version.  Somewhere, you either have a Win95 version of a system
DLL instead of the NT version, or the system is finding a Win95 DLL in your
PATH before the corresponding NT version (if you have Win95 and NT on the same
system).

As FAXSETUP.EXE doesn't reference MPR.DLL (it references ADVAPI32.DLL,
COMCTL32.DLL, FAXWIZ.DLL, KERNEL32.DLL, MSVCRT.DLL, SETUPAPI.DLL, and
USER32.DLL), I surmise it's one of these DLLs that's been replaced with a
Win95 version (or a DLL that one of these references).  Note that SETUPAPI.DLL
references MPR.DLL, so I'd check that one first.
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan

Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Roger J.Hamlet » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

the immediate past:
> : HELP!!!
> :
> : I just finished a complete re-install of WinNT Workstation 4.0.  The
last
> : application I tried to install was the Windows NT fax driver (from
> : Microsoft).  Upon execution of the install program I get the following
> : error, which appears in a dialoge box:
> :
> : =============================================
> : faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> :
> : The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not
be located in
> : the dynamic link library MPR.dll
> : =============================================
> :
> :
> : I then proceeded to install the NT service packs.  I noticed that
service
> : pack 2 contains this file.  After the install of the service pack, I get
> : the same error.  mpr.dll is now dated with the service pack revision.
> : also get the error when opening a new document in Adobe
Photoshop.
> :
> : ANY IDEAS!?!?!??!?!
> :
> : Please reply via e-mail, as I don't normally get this news feed.
> :
> : Thanks!
> : Chris Nolan
> : http://sbaeweb.fullerton.edu

>    Corel suite 7 does this. It trashes some files and causes this
>    error. At least for me it doesn't do any serious damage (at
least
>    not so far). I get the same error message always when I open
>    the first image after starting up Photoshop. After that no
>    errors. So, in my opinion.. Corel is the one to blaim.

Yes, the file that causes the problem on CD7, is MAPI32.DLL. The Corel
install, overwrites this file with an older version. MAPI32, contains calls
to MPR.DLL, and the 'fault' shows itself in MPR.DLL, not MAPI32. It can
affect other sevices, such as ups (which it did for me). The 'fix' is to
simply restore the MAPI32.DLL, from the NT CD. Having had a similar
problem myself, when setting up an install using one of the MS
'wizards', I suspect that Corel may have actually written the install
perfectly correctly, but used one of these 'wizards' for this, and hence
got this problem. If it is a problem with such a 'wizard', then it is
possible that other programs will have the same fault.

Best Wishes

| A beard! A beard! cried Fly Nicholas. 'By God, that's a good one!'|
| (Chaucer)                                                         |

Post by DG » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>HELP!!!

>I just finished a complete re-install of WinNT Workstation 4.0.  The last
>application I tried to install was the Windows NT fax driver (from
>Microsoft).  Upon execution of the install program I get the following
>error, which appears in a dialoge box:

>faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

>The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in
>the dynamic link library MPR.dll

>I then proceeded to install the NT service packs.  I noticed that service
>pack 2 contains this file.  After the install of the service pack, I get
>the same error.  mpr.dll is now dated with the service pack revision.  I
>also get the error when opening a new document in Adobe Photoshop.

>ANY IDEAS!?!?!??!?!

>Please reply via e-mail, as I don't normally get this news feed.

>Thanks!
>Chris Nolan
>http://sbaeweb.fullerton.edu

 My echange and outlook in the new office 97 was taken out by the same
msg never to go again
Thanks mickysot they are correct you du make fine third rate products
if you were not so content in killing of your competetors you might
yet get to make a first class product How about lifting your game
cause people are paying money for this shit

Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Hans-Inge Stensru » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> >faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

> >The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located
in
> >the dynamic link library MPR.dll
>  My echange and outlook in the new office 97 was taken out by the same
> msg never to go again
> yet get to make a first class product How about lifting your game
> cause people are paying money for this shit

As mentioned earlier, the problem is that some program has replaced the
mapi32.dll
(This is the DLL that call the MPR.DLL)
Put in the old one from the CD and all should work fine...

Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Od » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

:
: > >faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found
: > >
: > >The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located
: in
: > >the dynamic link library MPR.dll
:
: As mentioned earlier, the problem is that some program has replaced the
: mapi32.dll
: (This is the DLL that call the MPR.DLL)
: Put in the old one from the CD and all should work fine...

        Did it.. now everything works like a dream. Thanks
        to the genius-one who figured out this problem :)

 -- Ode --

 Helsinki University of Technology
 Department of Graphic Arts Technology

1. Error: Entry Point not Found -- MPR.DLL

Hello!

This may sound strange to You, but we live in a strange world don't
we...?

Anyway, I have had this happen to me after I have installed Corel Draw
7 and I get this error message from several apps as well...

The trick is not to replace mpr.dll but replace MAPI.DLL it seems like
Corel installs a Win95 version of this file, after I replaced MAPI.DLL
the problem went away.... I told You it was strange....

Good luck!
Peter

---
Peter Gustafsson
Eskilstuna, Sweden

http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-29071
ICQ: 1627291

2. Where's best place to host for quality and pricing?

3. Cannot find entry point in MPR.DLL

4. Minidriver & Miniclass driver

5. " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

6. Mouse cursor moves to corners of screen by itself??

7. Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

8. Shell32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found

9. Entry Point Not found msvcrt.dll

10. Entry Point Not Found, Missing .dll

11. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'

12. Entry point msvcrt.ra.d not found in msvcrt40.dll