HOWTO_ Localize App Resources with MFC

Post by Carlos » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

 Hi,

 I'm trying to place ALL of the application's resources into a DLL.

 I found a way to do this in
 'http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q147/1/49.ASP'
 but it only works for older versions of MFC. (I have Visual C++ 6.0)

 Is there any other way to do this? Any other link with the solutions for
MFC 4.2?

 Thanks

1. MFC Resources DLL : a good way to localize apps ?

Hello,

Our team in the past built language-resources DLL for our Win16 C/SDK
project. Since we use MFC with VC 4.x, I would like to know if this
system is still valid and how implement it with MFC framework.

In particular, what are MFC Resource DLL's ? Regular Win32 based DLL ?
MFC Extension DLL ?

How to switch between language at runtime ?

Have I to use the LCID resource extension ?

Does exist localization tools on the market ?

I would like to know how development teams work with localization
teams, what files are localized ( script resources or DLL's ?).
Microsoft is not clear about this problem and there is no samples
available.

Another problem : since all of localized resources are in DLL
sub-projects, how can I use the ClassWizard with them. When I add a
CDialog derived class based on a Dialog ID, the MyDialog.h/cpp files
are added on the DLL subproject, not on the Application main project.
Very annoying.

TIA.

--
Stphane Gibier
Cet article reprsente mon avis personnel et non celui de ma compagnie

2. Low Disk Space

3. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)

4. ie6 ctrl-enter shortcut

5. Howto: Split mfc resources across multiple resource files?

6. :-< error C2664: 'ReportEventA' : cannot convert parameter 8 from 'char *[2]' to 'const char ** '

7. Version Information Unavailable from WCE App but Available from WCE MFC App

8. jpeg

9. Problems using an MFC/ATL Multithreaded COM Obj with an MFC app

10. Adding an "Import" menu to an MFC SDI App (MFC newbie)...

11. MFC DLL called from non mFC app

12. MFC-app with regular (non-MFC) graphics DLL - will this work ?

13. Using appwizard generated MFC DLL's with an appwizard MFC app