slow access to https via Proxy server

Post by David Ann » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>My company has customers who are experiencing extremely slow performace
>accessing our web site via https through their Microsoft Proxy Servers. Both
>customers are using version 2.0.

>Since we don't have the product ourselves this issue has been especially
>difficult to troubleshoot. Any help: clues, suggestions, thoughts, etc. Would
>be greatly appreciated.

Just a hint:

If the proxy server and firewall are on a network segment that is
shared with large numbers of internal machines, the internal network
traffic can swamp them. We put a router (with no filtering!?!) between
our internal network segment and the firewall/proxy segment. This
multiplied our performance by about 20 (ftp rates went from 4 K/s to
90 K/s).
** Dave Annis            *  With age comes wisdom,           **
** Kohler Co.            *  if you stay awake along the way. **

1. Accessing files on winXP machine via http server

I have 2 machines both having XP WITHOUT the builit-in firewall setting
enabled.
I'm running an http server on 1 of the machine on which I want to run a perl
script that accesses the files on the other machine.

The script worked fine when I was having WinME but no longer works on WinXP.
Running the script locally(executing it via command prompt) does the job,
but when I call the script by accessing the local web server, it does not
work.

How can I make this to work?
Thanks in advance.

2. modem/fax trouble

3. Accessing the net via proxy server

4. Runtime Error 68 or 61

5. Outbound PPTP via Ms Proxy Server from a Proxy client? .

6. personal Win95 gremlin finally slain!

7. Using a news server via a proxy or socks server... possible?

8. DMA enable for DVD ROM

9. Slow performance to https page for IE5.5 through proxy connections

10. Planning IIS4, Proxy Server, and Exchange Server Outlook Web Access.

11. How do you determine a HTTP vs HTTPS request for reverse proxy?

12. Web Proxy: no HTTPS proxy unless you enable Allow Anonymous

13. Apache Proxy Server within a intranet in front of a proxy server with firewall