mfc grid control help

Post by jimhow.. » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I'm using a grid control in a dialog (visual c++ 1.52) and I trying to
catch the message generated when I click on the scroll bar of the grid.
I used spy and I can see the messages being sent (wm_syscommand and
wm_vscroll) but I can't seem to catch them in my program.  I tried to
subclass my CVBControl but that didn't help.  Does anyone know how I can
trap these messages.

Thanks

Jim Howard

mfc grid control help

Post by Scot Wing » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Jim,

The 'freebie' grid that comes with VC will cause you years of anguish
and heartache.

Check out our 100% MFC grid - Objective Grid 5.0 at
http://www.stingsoft.com

Scot Wingo
Stingray Software

> I'm using a grid control in a dialog (visual c++ 1.52) and I trying to
> catch the message generated when I click on the scroll bar of the grid.
> I used spy and I can see the messages being sent (wm_syscommand and
> wm_vscroll) but I can't seem to catch them in my program.  I tried to
> subclass my CVBControl but that didn't help.  Does anyone know how I can
> trap these messages.

> Thanks

> Jim Howard

>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

mfc grid control help

Post by David Cunningh » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Jim,

You probably want to check out Ultimate Grid/MFC, our 100% MFC class extension
that makes all of your grid development projects a snap.  Ultimate Grid is
derived from either a CWnd or CView, so you can use the knowledge you already
have about MFC to work with Ultimate Grid.

Check it out (http://www.dundas.com), I'm sure you'll be quite pleased.

Dave
Dundas

>> I'm using a grid control in a dialog (visual c++ 1.52) and I trying to
>> catch the message generated when I click on the scroll bar of the grid.
>> I used spy and I can see the messages being sent (wm_syscommand and
>> wm_vscroll) but I can't seem to catch them in my program.  I tried to
>> subclass my CVBControl but that didn't help.  Does anyone know how I can
>> trap these messages.

>> Thanks

>> Jim Howard

>>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

1. ANNOUNCE: Objective Grid 1.2 now available - 100% MFC grid control keeps getting better!

Stingray Software (http://www.stingsoft.com) is proud to announce that
the latest version of our 100% MFC grid (Objective Grid 1.2) is now
available. The key new features of this release are:

o Dramatic Performance increases
o OLE drag and drop
o RTF, progress, and mask edit as cell types
o Tooltips for cells
o Scrolltips for the grid (indicates rows/columns like Excel/Word)

You can see demos of this new functionality at
http://www.stingsoft.com

"Objective Grid has quite simply made the difference between having a
product to ship, and having vaporware. After struggling with an Active-X
based grid for nine months, we chose to replace it with Objective Grid,
and in the ensuing month or so, we've more than made up the lost ground.
The new features of Objective Grid 1.2, tooltips on cells, OLE drag and
drop, Formatted edit fields, etc. have made an excellent product that
much better."

John Thompson Reynolds, Principal Engineer, MoneyStar Communications.

The details of the new features...

The new cell types available in release 1.2 are:

* Rich Text Format (RTF) Edit - This control is based on the Win32 RTF
edit common control and lets the user have multi-font/size text in a
single Objective Grid cell. Find/Replace, print and print preview of the
cell are fully supported.

* Masked Edit - The new masked edit control allows the developer to
restrict the data entry on a cell-by-cell level which eases data entry
for the end user. For example, phone numbers, dates and other values are
much easier to enter in the masked edit control.

* Progress Cell - The new progress cell shows the user the status of an
operation in a grid cell. This can be extremely useful in real-time
applications.

Objective Grid 1.2 OLE drag-and-drop support

In addition to performance improvements and new cell types, the 1.2
update adds complete OLE drag-and-drop support. Users can either use the
grid as a source or target for any OLE drag-and-drop operation.
Objective Grid automatically scrolls during selection mode and multiple
selection is supported.

and include 3 updates and 1 year of technical support.

All current versions of Microsoft Visual C++ (1.5x, 4.x) are supported.

The Objective Grid Team
Stingray Software, Inc.
"We add class to MFC!" (tm)

http://www.stingsoft.com

2. mod_perl eapi deapi apache

3. MFC ActiveX control inside another MFC ActiveX control - MFC Bug

4. MS-DOS Startup Disk - Can't See FAT Partitions

5. grid control and MFC

6. NS3.0 and *long filenames*

7. Needed-Grid Control add in for MFC

8. Official W95 can NOT be installed over W95 preview !!!

9. Grid Control in MFC

10. Grid Control for MFC development

11. is there and mfc grid control

12. MFC based Grid control needed.