Cannot install Downloaded Microsoft Money into Pocket PC ?

Cannot install Downloaded Microsoft Money into Pocket PC ?

Post by Jackson Cha » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:00:27

Dear All,

I downloaded the Microsoft Money from Microsoft Web Site. But I can't
install it into my Pocket PC, the downloaded program cannot execute neither
in Win-Xp or copy into PocketPC.

Anyone have this experience ? And any suggestions ?

Many Thanks in advance,
Jackson

Cannot install Downloaded Microsoft Money into Pocket PC ?

Post by George Rie » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:59:39

Did you download the version for Pocket PC?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/m...

It also looks like you need to have the Pocket PC 2002 operating system

1. Pocket Microsoft Money and the Pocket PC

Here is the problem.
I set up Money and sync'd it and all was well for about a week.  Then I
started getting unresolved items.  Finally it corrupted itself and told me
to contact tech support.  In the preocess it srewed up my actual money file
for the desktop.  It seems it does not accurately keep track of balances.

Problem solving already done:
1) Restored backup Money file. No good
2) Deleted the Handheld Money databases and restored Money file.  This
forces it to reload the Pocket PC data from scratch.  No good.
3) Removed the Pocket money app and reinstalled it (Removed the orphaned
Databases too)
4) I did a hard reset and set it up from scratch. still doing the same thing

Contacted Tech support for HP and they told me to do a hard reset and try
again.  Finally I gave up and quit using it for now.

It only seems to be related to the checking register.  Ieven told it to Sync
ALL data, not just the past 4 weeks, hoping that would resolve it.  No Luck.

Any ideas?
Anybody else had this problem?

Unit:  HP 545
Money 2000 on the desktop.

http://mindspring.com/~jumper2
Remove "haha" to reply

"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't
Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

2. ie5.5 error

3. New Pocket PC map-software for Europe on the Pocket PC / PC-Notebook

4. DVD and start up issues

5. Question regarding to install Microsoft Media into Pocket PC

6. IDE/ATA & SATA hard drives in same computer?

7. cannot install SDK for pocket pc...

8. License PID

9. Money Money Money and More Money!!!!!!!

10. Installing a appln in Pocket PC thru Pocket IE ???

11. Installing a appln in Pocket PC thru Pocket IE ??

12. HP 545/Microsoft Pocket Money Troubleshooting - LONG

13. Where is Money for Pocket PC ?