I-COMM vs. Slipknot

Post by John Dav » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I'd like to hear peoples views about which they like better: I-COMM or
Slipknot. I've tried both and IMO I like I-COMM better. The bottom line to me
is the display looks alot like Netscape and Mosaic, while Slipknot's doesn't.
Also I-COMM seems to do forms okay, while Slipknot does not. I'd love to hear
other's views on these two products.

Cary, North Carolina                 |             http://www.webcom.com/jbd/

I-COMM vs. Slipknot

Post by aaron o neil ha » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'd like to hear peoples views about which they like better: I-COMM or
>Slipknot. I've tried both and IMO I like I-COMM better. The bottom line to me
>is the display looks alot like Netscape and Mosaic, while Slipknot's doesn't.
>Also I-COMM seems to do forms okay, while Slipknot does not. I'd love to hear
>other's views on these two products.

I agree! I-COMM is a lot better and it's way faster.
I-COMM could improve by using 'folders' like SlipKnot does.

I-COMM vs. Slipknot

Post by I-Comm Brows » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>>I'd like to hear peoples views about which they like better: I-COMM or
>>Slipknot. I've tried both and IMO I like I-COMM better. The bottom line to me
>>is the display looks alot like Netscape and Mosaic, while Slipknot's doesn't.
>>Also I-COMM seems to do forms okay, while Slipknot does not. I'd love to hear
>>other's views on these two products.

>I agree! I-COMM is a lot better and it's way faster.
>I-COMM could improve by using 'folders' like SlipKnot does.

Will do the "folders/bookmarks" after userid/password support.

Best regards,

Frank Wu
Developer of I-Comm & I-View

I-View: Royalty-free full feature off-line HTML browser.
        It supports FORM, TABLE, BACKGROUND, CENTER and
        imagemaps. CGI support coming up!

Web   : http://www.talentcom.com/

I-COMM vs. Slipknot

Post by Neil F Johns » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have tried Slipknot, Netscape, I-Comm and other browsers. I registered
I-Comm.  'Nuf said.

Neil F. Johnson
Home URL: http://osf1.gmu.edu/~njohnso5/index.htm
Many links and documents on:  FoxPro, Security and Privacy, and MUCH MORE.

I-COMM vs. Slipknot

Post by Matthew MacKenz » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Like a lot of people, I've tried both--

I-COMM has a cleaner look, is easier to set up, and handles forms more
neatly.  Some operations, like copying a URL from the terminal,
require less work.  The terminal is more attractive and better
integrated with the browser.

SlipKnot has more powerful configuration options, including sophisti-
cated login scripts.  Many operations have keyboard shortcuts, though
I don't see much pattern to them (look up URL from the text terminal
is Ctrl-f8.  *Why*?)  It lets you view several documents at a time.

This last SlipKnot feature was decisive for me.  I can compare two
documents while a third is downloading in the background and eight
more are queued up.  I registered several months ago.
 "Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl,
   kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld."  -- Mark Twain

1. I-comm vs. Slipknot

I have never seen I-comm or heard much about it. Is it a windows prg.
used with shell unix ?
Can't compare as I've never used I-comm but would like to learn more
about it. There is another program I have heard about, but have never
seen where to get it. It is called TIA. If I understand right it is a
fake slip prg. that can let you use mosaic etc with a shell acc't. Sound
right ?
I use Slipknot almost every day and am very impressed with it. Have had
3-4 boughts of goofy problems with it. Latest is jumpy screen with ver.
1.13h.
I reinstalled ver 1.11 so I could use the terminal for slipknot. By the
way the web browser always worked fine on ver. 1.13h, just the terminal
screens were screwed up. The screen would never settle down. This didn't
happen right away , but after I used it for awhile.
Tried to reinstall from start: ver. 1.13h and ver. 1.12 and always had
troubles with the setup of the prg. It said: error in 'sample.hs_'. Peter
Brooks said they did not know of the problem. But I have just seen about
3 other reports of screen jumpiness with ver. 1.13h.
I'll use ver. 1.11 till micromind gets a fix on ver 1.13, which I hope
they are trying to do.
Dave Huguet

2. Tape Drive

3. I-Comm vs Slipknot

4. resetting favorites

5. Netscape/TIA vs Slipknot vs I-Comm?

6. Cartoons For Engineers

7. I-Comm/Slipknot vs TIA

8. A different defrag problem!

9. SlipKnot vs. I-Comm

10. Microsoft vs. I-Comm and SlipKnot

11. Zmodem hangs in I-Comm and Slipknot. Help!

12. I-Comm & SlipKnot dropped carriers

13. SlipKnot and I-Comm