Any BOOTP server for NT (NOT NOT NOT DHCP)

Any BOOTP server for NT (NOT NOT NOT DHCP)

Post by Dave Ro » Wed, 15 Mar 1995 02:48:31

Can anyone point me to a decent BootP server that will run under NT? Hopefully
free/shareware???? Unfortunately the >FINE< folks at MS did not code the
DHCP server to be truely backward compatible with BootP. Why not? Who the
hell knows? (although I would love to hear some explanation)
We have several products (ie. HP Net Printers, DOS PD pc's, etc) that need
BootP but do not understand DCHP.
TIA,
dave

System Administrator                             employer, blah, blah, blah"
State of Michigan
Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife Division

1. Windows NT DHCP server as a BOOTP server ?Routable ?

Hi,
1.   I was wondering if I can use my Windows NT DHCP server to
     service my BOOTP client ?

2.   Does Windows NT advanced NT server supply a TFTP server.

3.   If a BOOTP client does not know its IP address, is it
     possible for DHCP servers on remote subnets to be able to
     service it.i.e Will the BOOTP relay agents forward
     (route) limited broadcasts made by the DHCP server to
     the BOOTP client.

Thanks in advance

Venky

2. 1st March?

3. Windows NT DHCP server as a BOOTP server

4. Internet News "not responding"

5. WfW and bootp (not DHCP) ?

6. How to find ip?

7. NT4Server, 2 NICs : one in DHCP mode, other is DHCP server : not working...

8. Pointing to the Aliases

9. Can not login to NT Server v4 'cos NETLOGON service is not loaded

10. NT DHCP Server does not release expired IP addresses

11. DHCP/BOOTP compatibility, New DHCP Server

12. The callee (server[not server application]) is not available and has disappeared

13. The callee (server (not server application)) is not available and disappeared; a