HELP Clever Resource Ids , Resource Compiler

HELP Clever Resource Ids , Resource Compiler

Post by ryan_hard.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi
I would like to use * (multiplication) when defining a resource Id
example:
resource.h
#define ID_Location(n) (20*n)

xx.rc
in a string table

ID_Location(0) "Location 0"
ID_Location(1) "Location 1"

However the resource compiler does not know how to cope with * . The
Macro evaluates to the first number to the left of the expression i.e
20.

The compiler accepts the + sign , why doesnt it accept the * sign.

Can anybody Help / Explain what is going on and how do I solve this.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Help: Borland Resource Compiler can't find include files

I am having some trouble with the Resource Compiler which is part of
the Borland C++ 3.0 package.  When it tries to compile the resource
it can not find windows.h or any of the other include files which come
with the package.  If I declare the entire path rather than letting
it search the include path it finds the files and compiles
successfully.

I have set the include path in the Preferences menu prior to opening
a project.  The manual says these are saved to WIN.INI, but they are
actually saved to WORKSHOP.INI (is there a correction in any of the
on-line files - I couldn't find one).

  Ken Lambach
  Telxon Corp  Akron, Ohio
  uunet!telxon!kenl

2. Mysterious control characters

3. Help needed: Visual C++ and resource ID's

4. cannot initialize windows---says himem.sys is missing

5. Problems with MSVC resource compiler RC !!

6. Virtual Machine and SP1

7. Resource Compiler for wxWindows

8. Changing a Windows position

9. GNU Windres: Free Resource Compiler..

10. Note: Potential compiling problems with resource compiler

11. Resource Compiler for wxWindows

12. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

13. Resource filtering - will Windows re-use unused resources?