Releasing a product

Post by Everett Barne » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

When I release a product, do i need to ship MFC42.dll with it?

My target platforms are '95 and NT 4.0, so do they already
have this DLL installed with the OS?

Thanks,

Releasing a product

Post by Cecil A. Galbrait » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> When I release a product, do i need to ship MFC42.dll with it?

> My target platforms are '95 and NT 4.0, so do they already
> have this DLL installed with the OS?

> Thanks,

No they don't, but even if they did, you wouldn't want to take a chance
that the user had deleted the dll from his/her hard drive. Much grief.

Cecil

--
Cecil Galbraith

Free programmer's utilities and MFC tips at
http://www.concentric.net/~cgalbrai

Releasing a product

Post by P.J. Tez » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>When I release a product, do i need to ship MFC42.dll with it?

You can link to MFC statically, then no MFC DLLs are required. If you
link dynamically, you must ship the correct MFC DLLs and install them.
Either way, be sure to check out Exemplar Setup Toolkit on our web
site. It knows which DLLs are required for MFC applications and how
they should be installed.

PJ

http://www.exemplarsoftware.com

1. Releasing Media Player 6.4 with Another Product

Hello,
Kind of a novice question so please don't yell at me (ha).

I have created avproduct (in Macromedia Director) that I
will be releasing soon. .Avi files on that product will
require MP 6.4 be installed. I would like to include MP
6.4 on the CD and execute it if the user needs to
upgrade/install.

Are their licensing issues here? My other option, not as
attractive but surely feasible, is to offer a link to the
Microsoft webite for download.

What are the rules here?

Thanks,
Chris

2. Store "My documents" on a diferent drive automaticaly.

3. PRODUCT RELEASE: Multi-user Virtual Reality

4. reinstalling xp

5. Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office Suite Products Released

6. 24 bit bmp display

7. Press Release: MSVC 4.0 redefines baseline for buggy product

8. Have asked a few times, can someone please help?

9. Releasing a Product in "Debug Build" mode?

10. Product Name Product version???

11. Product ID Vs. Product Key number

12. product key not finding like product.