Setting SSID and WEP key from an application

Setting SSID and WEP key from an application

Post by Thomas Johanse » Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:51:42

Hi

I like to set SSID and WEP key from an application.

Is it possible to do this through WMI or the NDIS ??

Any idea how ? Amy examples how ?

Thomas

Setting SSID and WEP key from an application

Post by Dave Puhrmann [MSFT » Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:56:37

This is currently not possible in Windows XP without using some kind of 3rd
party configuration software.

Quote:> Hi

> I like to set SSID and WEP key from an application.

> Is it possible to do this through WMI or the NDIS ??

> Any idea how ? Amy examples how ?

> Thomas

Setting SSID and WEP key from an application

Post by Tarundeep Singh Kalr » Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:37:08

it is possible..
use the NDISUIO sample , also on Windows XP to do this disable the WZC
servcie
Regards
Tarundeep Singh Kalra

> This is currently not possible in Windows XP without using some kind of
3rd
> party configuration software.

> --
rights.

> > Hi

> > I like to set SSID and WEP key from an application.

> > Is it possible to do this through WMI or the NDIS ??

> > Any idea how ? Amy examples how ?

> > Thomas

1. need help with WEP key

I am new to Wifi, and have a question about WEP.

I just got my 802.11b working with a Linksys BEFW11S4 and a Network
Everywhere Wireless Notebook Adapter.   The problem is when I try to
enable WEP.  On the Linksys, I enabled it and have it generate the 4
40-bit keys.  I wrote down the hex value for the keys.  The problem is
that I can't seem to enter these keys in XP.

I try going to "Wireless Network Connection Properties" ->
"Configure".  I select "Data encryption (WEP enabled)", unselect "The
key is provided for me automatically", and type in the first key into
"Network Key."   However, when I hit OK, it tells me "The access point
network 'mynet' is already configured.  Please change either hte
network name or the network type before adding this entry to the
preferred list."

How do I set this up?  I tried the WinXP help, but it didn't!

Thanks!

 David

2. Netmeeting

3. WEP key

4. Feedback on Website

5. WEP Network Key

6. win2000 script

7. Aopen AOI-908 WEP Key Challenge

8. Some questions about implement of Remote Ndis device

9. save WEP keys?

10. WEP keys and Group Policy

11. install WEP keys with batch or reg file

12. Compaq TC1000 Wireless WEP Key

13. install WEP key with batch file?