Netscape1.0 crashes while loading multiple images

Netscape1.0 crashes while loading multiple images

Post by Bjorn Heimir Bjornss » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

Help!

We have a CGI which generates HTML with data + HREF's to roughly 10 different
inline images.
We experience frequent Netscape1.0 crashes who bring down Win3,
seemingly while Netscape establishes further connections to get the images.
This happens only in-house.  Outside users er quite happy.
It never happens if Netscape is told not to load images,
nor does it happen with Lynx.

The server is Cern3.0.  We tell Netscape to NoProxy on our server
(still Netscape puts the gifs in disk-cache [weird] and seems to read them
from disk sometimes [weirder]).
We use Firefox/Novix to interface from Win to the server (the number of
simultainious users runs out occasionally [suspicious, not?  we will buy
a bigger license soon]).

Does this ring somebodys bell\007 ?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Bjorn
--

Disclaimer: My personal views above!  Below intentionally left blank.

1. problems with getting newsgroups to load with netscape1.22 under windows95

I have a problem getting the newsgroups to load in netscape1.22.
Everytime I try to load the newsgroups, I get a error message that
says that netscape couldn't find my servers DNS entery and to check
the URL location. I checked my DNS settings with my server and have
entered them correctly in the networks settings under windows95. I
don't understand whats wrong with it as everything else works in
netscape. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can correct this
problem?

2. registry settings

3. IE Crash - Not loading Images

4. Host files

5. Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

6. Help! NS 1.22 crashes when images are loaded.

7. Clean your PC properly (qt rfnz5)

8. How to delay display of multiple images with image preview

9. Again: Multiple encoding streams, multiple bitrates simultaneously => CRASH

10. IE6 - flakey page loading - multiple requests to load a page

11. SSL pages not loading images on IE5 under Mac, but load fine everywhere else

12. Images don't load on first load of a page