HELP: Is there any example FTP Client code out there?

HELP: Is there any example FTP Client code out there?

Post by Ritesh Pate » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi

I was wondering if there was any sample FTP client code around that was
written in portable C (ie. without any OS-specific routines) so that I can
see how to retrieve dir listings and files, etc.

I already have a basic program that will connect to an FTP server, login
and let you type raw FTP commands to the server.

would appreciate a reply by email because I may miss messages posted to
newsgroups due to the fact that I do not check for messages on the news
server as regularly as I should.

Thanks,
Ritesh Patel

HELP: Is there any example FTP Client code out there?

Post by Donald C. Ason » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have a sample that compiles on Unix and Win32 without
modification.  Here is the url:

        ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/donald/win32/dftp.zip

The ip-address for the site is 129.7.3.5 in case you can't
connect with the host name.  You can compile it with VC++ 2.x
or higher, BC++ 4.02 or higher, and (either WatComm or
Symantec).  Some one sent me a make file that lets you compile
with WatComm or Symantec (I can't recall which one it was).
The readme file will tell you.  On Unix, you can compile it
with gcc or cc.

I hope it helps.

--
Donald
*  Pull me under.                                *

Samples  :ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/donald
WWW      :http://www.uh.edu/~dasonye

Post by Kelly McGre » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi

> I was wondering if there was any sample FTP client code around that was
> written in portable C (ie. without any OS-specific routines) so that I can
> see how to retrieve dir listings and files, etc.

> I already have a basic program that will connect to an FTP server, login
> and let you type raw FTP commands to the server.

> would appreciate a reply by email because I may miss messages posted to
> newsgroups due to the fact that I do not check for messages on the news
> server as regularly as I should.

> Thanks,
> Ritesh Patel

Check out the <a href="http://www.linux.org">Linux site</a>.  There's a
lot of source on the site.  You may also want to check out Rich Stevens'
second volume in the TCP/IP Illustrated series...my copy's at work, so I
don't know if he goes through it in the detail you'd like or not.