Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection

Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection

Post by JC » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:32:50

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) doesn't work when VPN is used on the
shared connection.

Machine WinXP is the ICS host, machine Win98 is the ICS client.  When VPN is
enabled on the shared internet connection on WinXP, Win98 can no longer
connect to the internet.  Is there a way to correct this?

An Microsft knowledge base article mentioned that there is no way around
this, and you have to use VPN on ICS client machine.  But I really need to
use VPN on ICS host machine.

Thanks.

Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection

Post by Klaus » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:06:52

Maybe you need a third-party ICS product, e.g. NAT32.

Quote:> Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) doesn't work when VPN is used on the