Help with DLL

Post by pro.. » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

        How can I pas an array from Visual basic, to a DLL
        created in C++, I want to modify it on the DLL
        Thank you for the answer.

        Carlos Fangmeier

1. HELP HELP HELP :DLL, DAO & MFC

I would like to create a MFC DLL that exports classes that will access the =
DAO objects.  I seems to be having a number of stumbling blocks and I'm =

wondering if anybody can give a hand.

1.  Created an extension DLL so that my derived ( CObject ) objects can be =
nicely imported by an executable, good so far.  Problem here is can't use D=
AO =

because it uses AFX derived objects and in the references it states that ex=
tension DLL's can used oject that directly or indirectly use AFX.

quote from the MSDN help

"An MFC extension DLL uses a shared version of MFC in the same way an appli=
cation uses the shared AFXDLL version of MFC, as described in the article =

DLLs: Using the Shared AFXDLL Version of MFC, with a few additional conside=
rations:
=B7     It does not have a CWinApp-derived object.
=B7     It calls AfxInitExtensionModule in its DllMain function. The return val=
ue of this function should be checked. If a zero value is returned from =

AfxInitExtensionModule, return 0 from your DllMain function.
=B7     It will create a CDynLinkLibrary object during initialization if the ex=
tension DLL wishes to export CRuntimeClass objects or resources to the =

application.
"
If I try to set up CWinApp object I can't get it to cleanup cleanly and end=
 up throwing an exception ( even with directly calling the ExitInstance() )=
=2E
  =

2. Ok so I figure then I will create a regular DLL and statically link in M=
FC.  Problem here is when I try to import the exported classes into the =

executable I get linking problems ( unresolved externals from the DLL ).

I have tried using the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro and I can get the classes to exp=
ort but I can't import into the executable.

Any ideas?  Any source somewhere to help get around this?  Or am I complete=
ly off base and it is not possible to be done this way ( which I can't beli=
eve =

)?

Thanks in advance =

        David Templeton

        voice  519.888.7111x301
        Open Text Corporation
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada

2. Spanish support for only one XP User

3. Help with DLL file!!!!

4. CMenu and CCeCommandBar

5. Get This! WPA Cracked Already!

6. Help with DLL

7. Changing File System

8. Help: kernel32.dll error when right-clicking in IE 6

9. need help with .dll file

10. Help: msvfw.dll

11. Help - MSVCR70.dll missing creates startup errors

12. help hal.dll is corrupt