Program launcher app that reprograms buttons

Program launcher app that reprograms buttons

Post by C Malcol » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

I third this request.   I too remember the AppHack from my Palm days many
years ago and think it would be a perfect way to get more programs available
from the hardware buttons.

Although getting rid of cascading menus makes things simpler, loading up a
program that hasn't got a hardware button does take slightly longer.  This
program would be a God-send.

Anyone?

> I second that...Apphack was great on the Palm. Any PocketPC programmers
> willing to take this on?

> > Does anyone know of a program launcher app that reprograms the hardware
> > buttons (configurable)?  This way you could hit a HW button assigned to
> your
> > program launcher and then immediately hit another HW button for a
specific
> > app.  If the app could tell which HW button was pressed, then (using the
3
> > top e100 HW buttons) you could easily get 3 apps per button.  This would
> be
> > a quick way to access 9 apps with only the 3 HW buttons.

> > There was an app/hack on the Palm that did this pretty well.  It was a
> > "hackmaster" extension called AppHack.

> > Thanks,
> > Marty

1. NT 4.0 / Novell App Launcher problem w/ legacy app

We have a NetWare 4.1x network w/ Win 3.1 and NT 4.0 workstations as clients.
There are still a few DOS applications that must be supported, one of which is
Lotus 1-2-3 v2.4.  When we attempt to run this app from the NAL on an NT
station, the OS opens a virtual DOS window as if to run the program, but then
shuts it back down with no error message.  This does not happen on the 3.1
systems.  I'm not sure if the problem rests with 1) NAL 2) the Novell NT client
or 3) NT 4.0.  We're going to try duplicating the error on an NT station
running 1-2-3 off the local drive without the Novell drivers loaded.  If anyone
has run into a similar situation, any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott Stewart

2. SCRRUN.DLL

3. Reprogramming app keys on a Mobilon?

4. VFW : audio video synchronization, request for a VFW Guru

5. RealNetworks Dynamic App Launcher - RNDAL.EXE

6. Hard disk partitioning with Window XP

7. How to disable application launcher hardware buttons

8. 137GB Barrier

9. Anybody know a good NT 4.0 taskbar app launcher

10. Palm pc app launcher

11. Programming dedicated app buttons on PPC

12. Removing old associations from program launcher window

13. Create Program Launchers How To?