No DialUp PPP server configuration icon under "Your Computer" in Win95

No DialUp PPP server configuration icon under "Your Computer" in Win95

Post by handso » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

I recently have a copy of the Win 95 final beta. I try to configure
the PPP dial up adapter & bind it to TCP/IP, at the same time I have
a 3c509 network adapter driver & also bound to TCP/IP. In the Internet
Document I download from CompuServ as suggested by the TCP/IP help, I
saw a paragraph about Under "You Computer" icon, there is an object:
DialUp Adapter configuration where I am supposed to configure to
Win95, WinNT, Internet PPP server, but in my "Your Computer" icon, I
only have a "Control Panel", "Printers" objects, not DialUp Server
configuration icon. I setup my Win95 with custom setup.....

No DialUp PPP server configuration icon under "Your Computer" in Win95

Post by Peter Be » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

Try under properties of Network or Network Neighbourhood.  Should be an entry
for Dial-Up Adapter.

configuration icon under "Your Computer" in Win95>Date: 24 May 1995 07:46:33
GMT

Quote:>I recently have a copy of the Win 95 final beta. I try to configure
>the PPP dial up adapter & bind it to TCP/IP, at the same time I have
>a 3c509 network adapter driver & also bound to TCP/IP. In the Internet
>Document I download from CompuServ as suggested by the TCP/IP help, I
>saw a paragraph about Under "You Computer" icon, there is an object:
>DialUp Adapter configuration where I am supposed to configure to
>Win95, WinNT, Internet PPP server, but in my "Your Computer" icon, I
>only have a "Control Panel", "Printers" objects, not DialUp Server
>configuration icon. I setup my Win95 with custom setup.....

1. PPP / dial in Win95 - NT server authentication but "No domain server"

We have a Windows NT Server (3.51 / 4) and Windows 95 client network
where the Win95 clients (via ethernet & TCP/IP) authenticate to the
servers and run a login script.  We are in the process of setting up
off-site Win95 clients to connect via PPP.

The client dials in to a Zylogics Annex (with PPP enabled - and working
just fine as a PPP-only connection - as long as we don't authenticate to
the NT servers).

Problem is with any off-site / non-networked  Windows95 client with
"Client for Microsoft Networks" installed - if it is configured to
authenticate with the NT server(s), we get a connection, the username /
password / domain dialog comes up, we enter a valid username, password,
and domain - it tries to authenticate.  We then get "No domain server
could be found".  Only problem is we _ARE_ authenticated (it loads our
profile from the server), we _DO_ show up in server manager as being logged
in, and even though it does not run the login script, we can manually map
drives and have all the appropriate permissions.

How can we:

        Stop the "No domain server could be found..." message?  and
        Get the client to run the login script?

Any advice?  Please reply via mail (as well as posting) and I will
summarize.

Thanks,

Adam Klein
--
Adam L. Klein

2. Resume download of software

3. "My Computer", "Control Panel", and "Trash Bin" error.

4. Computer help

5. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

6. Capture under DirectShow with dvcap32

7. "ActiveX" and "plug-ins" message

8. keeps looping any ideas?

9. Problems in Netscape Plug-Ins "Cool Talk" and "Live 3D"

10. Need help setting up Win95 as Dial-up PPP Server "Intranet"

11. XP: "My Computer" hangs when right click on drives in "My Computer"

12. Network browser lists "Computer Descriptions" instead of "Computer Names"

13. When is the "first computer" installed no longer the "first computer"