Multiple instances of same view?

Post by Wayne Packa » Mon, 30 Oct 1995 03:00:00

: I have an MDI app which needs to have four mdi children open per
: document. Each mdi child contains an instance of the same view class. I'm
: somewhat unfamiliar with MFC's doc/view architecture, so I don't know the
: best way to create these view windows.  I was able to get the four
: windows by posting a "new window" message three times in the initinstance
: function. This method is kludgy, and besides it doesn't work correctly
: when the user opens a document. :-)  Can someone please tell me (or point
: me to the correct place in the documentation) where I should be creating
: these additional mdi children and their associated view instances?

: Thanks in advance...

Hi Everyone,
        I didn't receive any replies to my message about (it's only been
a few hours), but I solved my problem. To anyone who is interested, the
required function is CDocTemplate::CreateNewFrame().

Thanks.

wp

1. Multiple Instances of WMP 7 using multiple video cards

From reading several threads, it seems the only way to open multiple
instances of WMP7 is to embed it in IE and open multiple browsers.

I'm trying to play 2 MPEG4 videos on 2 different video channels. It
seems to work fine the first time (both playlists play fine as long as
I let the first one get a good headstart). The second time I try,
start of Playlist 2 on Browser 2 kills Playlist 1 on Browser 1.
Neither if them work then. Any ideas?

2. CLIPPER and DBASE under WinXP Home

3. MFC Document/View question - SDI with multiple views

4. FTP location/authoring tools

5. How do I ignore audio device conflicts when opening multiple instances of WME

6. What's a ECP port??

7. Multiple instances of audio hardware and encoder?...

8. MSI G4 4200 Ti-TD

9. Multiple Instances of WMP?

10. Multiple Instances

11. WMSProxy Multiple Instances

12. How do I open multiple instances of Media Player at the same time?

13. Multiple Instances of Driver DLLs