How do I replicate user profiles in NT3.51 WS?

How do I replicate user profiles in NT3.51 WS?

Post by Ed Book » Sun, 17 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Yesterday, I added my workstation to a company domain.  The logon mechanism
treats my LogonID + domain as a separate user profile.  In other words, when
I logon using my LogonID + workstation name (in the domain field) I get my
usual desktop, wallpaper, private program groups, etc.  When I use the same
LogonID + domain name, I get the standard new user profile.

How can I clone user profiles when I create new users?
Is using the Save and Load Hive feature of RegEdit32 the answer?
Is the User Profile Editor (UPEdit) on the server the way to go?
Can I even run the User Profile Editor from the server on a workstation?

A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Ed

1. How can NT3.51 WS be optimized for the end-user?

Can anyone point me to a good source of information on configuring
NT3.51 WS for the end-user, other than the $200 Resource Kit?

In particular, I'd like to remove unnecessary services, but I don't
know which can be dropped without causing other problems.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards,

C.L. Daugaard

2. first choice pfs win98

3. User Profiles on NT3.51

4. WXP disk cleanup

5. Help: Converting Win95 to NT3.51 WS

6. WMP9 and mpeg2 files

7. Where can I download Windows NT3.51 WS?

8. Constant Headphone Hiss

9. NT3.51 WS & Office 4.3

10. CRC errors in RAS connections after upgrade from NT3.51 to 4.0 WS

11. Limit number of logon attempts on stand-alone RAS server (NT3.51 WS)?

12. Uniteruptible Power Supplies for NT3.51 WS

13. 3.5'' floppy-drive write errors with NT3.51 WS