1. Problems using I-COMM with VAX/VMS
Greetings one and all...
Hopefully someone, or Frank Wu, can help me get I-COMM working
smoothly with VAX/VMS - I'm stumped!!! So far this is what's
1. I'm using a Cardinal V.32 and have set the modem to Haye's
compatible, 19200bps (65450 UART!) etc. I can connect manually
but whenever I try any auto methods, the modem gets hung-up
as soon as the other end answers and connects. Could this be
a result of the V.32 jibberish rather than just a simple
2. Once connected, the terminal emulator is extremely flaky!
Scrooling region gets set to 1-line (or equivalent), function
keys are non-existant/not obvious, cannot use TPU, etc. The
SYLOGIN.COM forces a SET TERM/INQ - can this be the root of this
evil and if so can I-COMM get around it?
3. I can download manually using sz but I must use the simplest
XMODEM - can the VMS sz do otherwise? How? What does I-COMM
expect/use in the browser - The selected protocol gets reset
when I exit so I'm thinking the terminal and browser have separate
4. I had trouble getting VMS to "talk" to the browser until I
discouvered that it was sending a <LF> before each command -
since when do you type commands <LF>Do this<CR>? I know, it
probably has U**X origins, could be worse, it might have been
big blue - XMIT CURSOR yuk! Anyway, I gelded the .EXE file and
that problem went away - I think. If there's a better way could
someone let me know. If not, could the source be modified to
not send <LF>s in terminal input to VMS?
5. Finally, for now, It appears that WWW is successfully retrieving
the files requested ( but sz fails as above ); however, when I
manually download them, I-COMM will not display them. On the VAX,
the files are STREAM-LF with CRLF control and contain only <LF>
characters to mark end-of-lines. When downloaded, no <CR>s are
added and I think DOS has a problem with that. Am I in left field
Like I said, I'M STUMPED! PLEASE HEEEELLPP.
Thanks (for listening anyway). Bye for now.
Nova Scotia Power
2. Drop-down list boxes suddenly empty
3. HELP! Problem with I-comm
4. USB 2.0 PCI Host controller, LG DVD/CD-RW, can't burn
5. I-Comm problem
6. Error Message during downloading
7. I-comm problem with zmodem
8. OT: Please do some homework before posting a question
9. i-comm problem
10. i-comm problem (zmodem)
11. I-Comm problem
12. I-Comm problems (1 terminal, 1 browser)
13. i-comm :problem with sz