Problems with I-Comm

Post by Goncalo Nuno Freira Valver » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

 Greetingz!
 We had some problems running I-comm (its not a registred version, but we
would like to try using it before registering :-))
 The problem is that we cant connect.. well we hear the modem connecting, the
other modem answers but it doesnt connect.. it just keeps redialing but after
the first try the modem doesnt emit any kind of noise..
 Any ideas of what could be the problem?
 Any help would be mostly apreciated..

--
                            Abyssus Abyssum Invocat
                       Goncalo Valverde aka The Grumbler

Problems with I-Comm

Post by I-Comm Brows » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> Greetingz!
> We had some problems running I-comm (its not a registred version, but we
>would like to try using it before registering :-))
> The problem is that we cant connect.. well we hear the modem connecting, the
>other modem answers but it doesnt connect.. it just keeps redialing but after
>the first try the modem doesnt emit any kind of noise..
> Any ideas of what could be the problem?
> Any help would be mostly apreciated..

>--
>                            Abyssus Abyssum Invocat
>                       Goncalo Valverde aka The Grumbler
>--
>                         Abyssus Abyssum Invocat
>                      Goncalo Valverde AKA Grumbler

Select "Communication --> Dial Setup" menu, in "Connect String" field
type "C" or change to the connect string specified in your modem
manual.

If the dial dialog did not close by itself, you may want to try
following:
 1. Select "Communication --> Com Port Setup" to open the port;
 2. Click on the "Terminal" button to switch to Terminal window;
 3. Type "atdt xxx-xxxx" in the Terminal to dial out.

Best regards,

Frank Wu
Developer of I-Comm & I-View

I-View: Royalty-free full feature off-line HTML browser.
        It supports FORM, TABLE, BACKGROUND, CENTER and
        imagemaps. CGI support coming up!

Web   : http://www.talentcom.com/

1. Problems using I-COMM with VAX/VMS

Greetings one and all...
Hopefully someone, or Frank Wu, can help me get I-COMM working
smoothly with VAX/VMS - I'm stumped!!!  So far this is what's
happening:

1.  I'm using a Cardinal V.32 and have set the modem to Haye's
compatible, 19200bps (65450 UART!) etc.  I can connect manually
but whenever I try any auto methods, the modem gets hung-up
as soon as the other end answers and connects.  Could this be
a result of the V.32 jibberish rather than just a simple
CONNECT message?

2.  Once connected, the terminal emulator is extremely flaky!
Scrooling region gets set to 1-line (or equivalent), function
keys are non-existant/not obvious, cannot use TPU, etc.  The
SYLOGIN.COM forces a SET TERM/INQ - can this be the root of this
evil and if so can I-COMM get around it?

3.  I can download manually using sz but I must use the simplest
XMODEM - can the VMS sz do otherwise? How?  What does I-COMM
expect/use in the browser - The selected protocol gets reset
when I exit so I'm thinking the terminal and browser have separate
minds.

4.  I had trouble getting VMS to "talk" to the browser until I
discouvered that it was sending a <LF> before each command -
since when do you type commands <LF>Do this<CR>? I know, it
probably has U**X origins, could be worse, it might have been
big blue - XMIT CURSOR yuk!  Anyway, I gelded the .EXE file and
that problem went away - I think.  If there's a better way could
someone let me know.  If not, could the source be modified to
not send <LF>s in terminal input to VMS?

5.  Finally, for now, It appears that WWW is successfully retrieving
the files requested ( but sz fails as above ); however, when I
manually download them, I-COMM will not display them.  On the VAX,
the files are STREAM-LF with CRLF control and contain only <LF>
characters to mark end-of-lines.  When downloaded, no <CR>s are
added and I think DOS has a problem with that.  Am I in left field
yet?

Like I said, I'M STUMPED!  PLEASE HEEEELLPP.

Thanks (for listening anyway).  Bye for now.
Bill
Nova Scotia Power
Halifax, N.S.

--

2. Drop-down list boxes suddenly empty

3. HELP! Problem with I-comm

4. USB 2.0 PCI Host controller, LG DVD/CD-RW, can't burn

5. I-Comm problem

6. Error Message during downloading

7. I-comm problem with zmodem

8. OT: Please do some homework before posting a question

9. i-comm problem

10. i-comm problem (zmodem)

11. I-Comm problem

12. I-Comm problems (1 terminal, 1 browser)

13. i-comm :problem with sz