Suggest you try:
1. RIGHT-click on My Computer
2. Select PROPERTIES
3. Left-click on Device Manager tab
4. Double-click on CD-ROM Drives
5. Double-click on CD-ROM Drive to enter its properties
6. Look in Settings tab for the AutoStart option for DATA CDs.
You can also control this via the Paranoid Tab in Microsoft's FREE
Power Toy "TweakUI" which can be downloaded at:
First uninstall any version of TweakUI (Via Add/Remove in Control Panel).
UnZip and Right-click the TweakUI.inf file and select install.
Good luck ... John