cd autostart

Post by Joh » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:32:38

Dave,

Suggest you try:

1. RIGHT-click on My Computer
2. Select PROPERTIES
3. Left-click on Device Manager tab
4. Double-click on CD-ROM Drives
5. Double-click on CD-ROM Drive to enter its properties
6. Look in Settings tab for the AutoStart option for DATA CDs.

You can also control this via the Paranoid Tab in Microsoft's FREE
 Power Toy "TweakUI" which can be downloaded at:

  http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,000LV3,.html

Installation:
First uninstall any version of TweakUI (Via Add/Remove in Control Panel).
UnZip and Right-click the TweakUI.inf file and select install.

Good luck ... John

cd autostart

Post by Dave Slome » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 02:25:40

Quote:> Suggest you try:
> 1. RIGHT-click on My Computer
> 2. Select PROPERTIES
> 3. Left-click on Device Manager tab
> 4. Double-click on CD-ROM Drives
> 5. Double-click on CD-ROM Drive to enter its properties
> 6. Look in Settings tab for the AutoStart option for DATA CDs.

Well, that's what I had already done, and found the "Auto insert
notification" checkbox already checked. I assume that's the "Autostart"
option.

But I tried the Paranoid setting you mentioned and now it works. Maybe it
was only AFTER I initially installed TweakUI (a year after I got my PC) that
CDs began to play automatically, but I could have sworn the PC played
automatically when I first got it.

Who knows.

BUT: Thanks!

Dave Slomer

cd autostart

Post by Dave Slome » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:06:24

At one time, if I put a music CD in my PC (Win95a), it would start playing
immediately. I remember turning off that option, but don't remember how and
can't find any way to turn it back on.

Any help?

Thanks,
Dave Slomer

1. CD AutoStart

Folks:

I recently burned a bunch of software application files into a blank CD.  I
have also designed an HTML page containing links to run each of these files.

How can I make my CD AUTO-START so that when this CD is placed in the CD ROM
Drive, the HTML page comes up automatically with the various options to
select from.

Thanks,
John.

2. Netscape 3.x mail GPF on startup