WFWG 3.11 Hanges when exiting... need help

WFWG 3.11 Hanges when exiting... need help

Post by Larry E. Mill » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I've upgraded my motherboard and CPU to a 486DX4/100 recently.  Since
then I frequently have windows hang when trying to exit.  This happens
about 9 out of 10 exits.  I know that using "win /b" to start windows
creats a bootlog.txt file that helps identify starting problems.  Is
there a comparable exit switch that will indicate where/why windows
hang during exit?

I'm using Norton Desktop 3.0 for my windows shell.  I'm also using:

DOS 6.0
16 MB RAM
256K L1 cache

This problem did not occur on my old 486DX2/50 motherboard.  More info

TIA,

Larry

1. WFWG 3.11 + Novell 3.11 + Trumpet Winsock !!!NEED HELP!!!

Here's the problem...

        We configured WFWG 3.11 to run with novell 3.1 AND windows network
enviroment, using  ne2000 compatable NIC's.. Trumpet winsock loads
fine on startup using WNPKT and ODIPKT.. No errors of any kind...  The
problem begins when you try to connect to anything outside of our
domain .... Example.. I can Ping anything inside or outside of our
domain using IP's... and anything INSIDE our domain using DNS..
If I try and ping outside our domain using DNS no return.. at least
none that I can see... Netscape reports all tries as DNS unknown, FTP
reports all tries as Cant find???  This ONLY happens on the work
stations running WFWG 3.11..

                        BTW the work stations that R now running WFWG.. HAD no problems until
we got them to log onto our lan server AND windows network
enviroment...   IM LOST!!!

                                TIA
                                        Ken

2. ansi.sys / escape code problem

3. WFWG 3.11 Freezing on Exit

4. Promise Technology ULTRA 100 ATA

5. Problem exiting WFWG 3.11 and going back in...

6. User account

7. Help on setup Mosaic on WfWG 3.11 over Novell 3.11

8. Beyond the bookmark file (collecting of data / information retrieval)

9. WFWG 3.11 Freezing on Exit

10. Need help on Win 3.11 exit

11. Need help. WfWG 3.11 & Win32s

12. HELP. Desperately need S3 drivers for WFWG 3.11

13. Need help to activate 32-bit disk access with WFWG 3.11 in a Panasonic notebook