TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

Post by Jan Habrake » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00



Hello there!

At home I have normaly two computers running Win95, the MS Netbui and
TCP/IP protocols. Netbui is used for connections between the PC's and
TCP/IP connects both computers to the Internet with Wingate.
I use UTP (twisted) with RJ45 connectors.

I tried to connect my laptop to this small system and added a second
network card to to Wingate machine. It accepts Netbui connections but it
seems impossible to use TCP/IP on the second card. When I try, Wingate
will call my ISP, but sends no information to the Internet.

My questions:
a) is it possible to use 2 netcards with TCP/IP in one computers?
b) if yes, how to I configure them? What numbers? I aim using
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10.
My laptop uses 192.168.1.67 (that's for my office).
My ISP uses dynamic IP numbers.

Thank's for answers, suggestions and extra questions!

Jan Habraken
============

============

 
 
 

TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

Post by SoNi » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00



>Hello there!

>At home I have normaly two computers running Win95, the MS Netbui and
>TCP/IP protocols. Netbui is used for connections between the PC's and
>TCP/IP connects both computers to the Internet with Wingate.
>I use UTP (twisted) with RJ45 connectors.

>I tried to connect my laptop to this small system and added a second
>network card to to Wingate machine. It accepts Netbui connections but it
>seems impossible to use TCP/IP on the second card. When I try, Wingate
>will call my ISP, but sends no information to the Internet.

>My questions:
>a) is it possible to use 2 netcards with TCP/IP in one computers?
>b) if yes, how to I configure them? What numbers? I aim using
>192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10.
>My laptop uses 192.168.1.67 (that's for my office).
>My ISP uses dynamic IP numbers.

>Thank's for answers, suggestions and extra questions!

>Jan Habraken
>============

>============

a) yes
b) 1st card 192.168.1.1, 2nd card 192.168.1.2, subnetmask 255.255.255.0.
Enable FileSharing, reboot. User setup: machines on the first card:
192.168.1.1, machines on the second card: 192.68.1.2. Make sure that the
portnumbers of the proxyserver are equal to the portnumbers of the
client-proxysettings...

Goodluck with it,

Jeroen van Beek
HB Computer Services

P.S.: Als m'n engels niet helemaal te begrijpen is, stuur dan ff een
nederlands mailtje voor verdere uitleg...

 
 
 

TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

Post by Jan Habrake » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00


SoNiC schreef:

Quote:> a) yes
> b) 1st card 192.168.1.1, 2nd card 192.168.1.2, subnetmask 255.255.255.0.
> Enable FileSharing, reboot. User setup: machines on the first card:
> 192.168.1.1, machines on the second card: 192.68.1.2. Make sure that the
> portnumbers of the proxyserver are equal to the portnumbers of the
> client-proxysettings...

> Goodluck with it,

> Jeroen van Beek
> HB Computer Services

> P.S.: Als m'n engels niet helemaal te begrijpen is, stuur dan ff een
> nederlands mailtje voor verdere uitleg...

Beste Jeroen,

Het probleem is opgelost, omdat jouw suggestie niet deed wat ik wilde
ben ik verder gaan zoeken en via de documentatie bij 'NAT32' ontdekte ik
dat er een update beschikbaar moest zijn voor het VIP.386 bestand via de
MSDUN12.EXE - een ISDN upgrade van Microsof.
Nadat ik die ge?nstalleerd had, werden wl beide netwerkkaarten plus de
internet verbinding correct uitgevoerd.

Dank zij jouw suggestie wist ik dat ik het toch niet verkeerd deed...
Mijn hartelijke dank,

Jan Habraken

 
 
 

TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

Post by Christopher Chl » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00



>Het probleem is opgelost, omdat jouw suggestie niet deed wat ik wilde
>ben ik verder gaan zoeken en via de documentatie bij 'NAT32' ontdekte ik
>dat er een update beschikbaar moest zijn voor het VIP.386 bestand via de
>MSDUN12.EXE - een ISDN upgrade van Microsof.
>Nadat ik die ge?nstalleerd had, werden wl beide netwerkkaarten plus de
>internet verbinding correct uitgevoerd.

For the English speakers, a (very approximate) translation follows:

See the NAT32 page at http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~chrisc/nat32.html for
details of the WINDOWS 95 IP Routing Bug and what to do about it.

Christopher Chlap
University of Canberra, Australia

http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~chrisc/nat32.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

1. Setting up TCP/IP networking with WFWG 3.1 and WIN95 and using WINGATE.

I have followed the instructions for WIN95 TCP/IP setup on a network and
WFWG 3.1 TCP/IP setup on a network from from Microsoft TCP/IP setup
information.  The gateway IP is 192.168.0.1 for WIN95 machine.
The WFWG 3.1 IP is 192.168.0.2.  WIN95 has TCP/IP for LINKSYS card.
Both with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
Both no primary WINS server. THe WFWG 3.1 has DNS of the dial-up host IP
address and name.  
    I have turned on both machines, loaded WINGATE.  WINGATE has host IP
address.  No user data on USER section.  After I dial in, I am able to
PING both machines from both machines and both return same response 3
times.  I am able to ftp from WFWG 3.1 to WIN95 machine but unable to
open the session.
     AM I missing something?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

2. How do control access to the regisrty?

3. How to connect from DOS TCP/IP to WIN95 (esp. WinGate)?

4. Urgent Help Please Changing operating systems without reformating???

5. Win95, ISDN TCP/IP and HP JetDirect TCP/IP Issue

6. The computer can not handle

7. Q:Win95--How to enable TCP/IP on a pc without network card?

8. Banner ads not displayed in Embedded Media Player

9. Win95: TCP-IP loopback without network card ?

10. Win95 TCP/IP Multiconfig on Ethernet Card

11. TCP/IP mapping in Wingate 1.3.17

12. TCP/IP and Wingate 3.0 Pro

13. outgoing tcp-ip setup through WinGate firewall