network modem sharing in Win95

Post by jonathon j blo » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I know i can share a Microsoft Fax modem resource, but i want to share the
actual modem resource accross a small Win95 only network...  the "server" has
the modem, and i want to use it from the client PC...

I did this with OS/2 Lan Server in the past, but not sure i can do it with
Win95 only (no NT)...

thanx...  post and email please...
jonnyb

Post by James Gre » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>I know i can share a Microsoft Fax modem resource, but i want to share the
>actual modem resource accross a small Win95 only network...  the "server" has
>the modem, and i want to use it from the client PC...

Try www.windows95.com or www.tucows.com - should be shareware to do
it.

James Green

* Change 'nospam' to '*storm' before replying *

network modem sharing in Win95

Post by Serge Barber » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have recently tested a few programs you can get from tucows (among other
places) in the modem sharing section.  There is Wingate, WinProxy (2
programs with the same name from different companies), Rideway....the list
goes on.  Most are shareware or Time limited demos.  WinProxy, which i'm
testing now, works fine.  For most of the programs, you'll need to know how
to configure your TCP/IP settings - can be confusing.

cheers

--
Serge Barbera

"There aren't enough days in the weekend" - Steven Wright