Invalid VxD - blue screen

Post by Alan Spit » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:21:24

I am having trouble with a Buslink external USB hard drive. I am running
Windows ME on a HP Pavillion 6736-R computer.

When I plug the drive in, or when I start the computer after having plugged
the drive in already, I see:

    VxD Dynamic Link call: NTMAPHLP (02) + 00000002 to "004F", service 1...

and the computer hangs. After I choose Y or N to the shutdown or continue
prompt I see:

    Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 4F service 74...

The computer then hangs and I have to power it down.

I emailed Buslink about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything from them
yet.

Any help would be appreciated...

Invalid VxD - blue screen

Post by Jerem » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 04:21:47

> I am having trouble with a Buslink external USB hard drive. I am running
> Windows ME on a HP Pavillion 6736-R computer.

> When I plug the drive in, or when I start the computer after having
> plugged the drive in already, I see:

>     VxD Dynamic Link call: NTMAPHLP (02) + 00000002 to "004F", service
>     1...

> and the computer hangs. After I choose Y or N to the shutdown or continue
> prompt I see:

>     Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 4F service 74...

> The computer then hangs and I have to power it down.

> I emailed Buslink about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything from them
> yet.

> Any help would be appreciated...

I thought NTMAPHLP was for firewire not USB...

Anyways, there is an update available from Micros~1 that just might help
you.  It is actually a firewire update, but it includes an update to
NTMAPHLP.  The article is here, and although it doesn't list your problem
at all, it gives a link to the update package:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242975

This update is aimed towards 98SE, who knows what the diffs are in ME with
this...if you would like to be able to undo it later just make an XCOPY /S
of your /WINDOWS directory prior to starting windows (boot to DOS)

Did the drive come with a driver or any software that you installed?

BTW, this isn't really a alt.comp.hardware type of problem.

Jeremy J Salivar
Please remove your windows partition before sending me email

Invalid VxD - blue screen

Post by JAD » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 04:26:04

quite simply sounds like a non-compatable device driver or maybe a corrupt
install

Quote:> I am having trouble with a Buslink external USB hard drive. I am running
> Windows ME on a HP Pavillion 6736-R computer.

> When I plug the drive in, or when I start the computer after having
plugged
> the drive in already, I see:

>     VxD Dynamic Link call: NTMAPHLP (02) + 00000002 to "004F", service
1...

> and the computer hangs. After I choose Y or N to the shutdown or continue
> prompt I see:

>     Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 4F service 74...

> The computer then hangs and I have to power it down.

> I emailed Buslink about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything from them
> yet.

> Any help would be appreciated...

1. BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN...BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN!

I keep getting a blue screen this is what I get..Any help........PLEASE
HELP!

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0081e440, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x804f6521).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS2\Minidump\Mini050702-01.dmp.

For
more information, see Help and Support Center at

2. Help with CListCtrl GetItem(LVITEM*)

3. Help! IFSMGR VXD related blue screen at startup.

4. Print to File:

5. Win95 Vxd Problems and Blue Screen

6. Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

7. Invalid VXD and invalid IPX.NLM

8. Boot disk for xp

9. Blue Screens with PS2 Mouse (vxd vmouse)

10. Blue screen and Nwredir.vxd error

11. APIX VxD? (blue screen error)

12. Stop Error Blue Screen 0xC0000005 (no other information on blue screen)

13. start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round