Windows 2000 and Win 98 on one computer

Post by patkat » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have Win98SE on my c: drive and I am thinking on putting Win 2000 too on
my other drive d: . However, I just want to test Win 2000 and probably
later I will delete it. My question is how to uninstall Win 2000. The
problem is how to change the boot record later so it won't ask me if I
want to start Win 98 or Win 2000, when there is no Win 2000 on the hard
disk.

Windows 2000 and Win 98 on one computer

Post by Alexander Vos » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

at the Win98 DOS prompt, type:

FDISK /MBR

then hit enter

> I have Win98SE on my c: drive and I am thinking on putting Win 2000 too
on
> my other drive d: . However, I just want to test Win 2000 and probably
> later I will delete it. My question is how to uninstall Win 2000. The
> problem is how to change the boot record later so it won't ask me if I
> want to start Win 98 or Win 2000, when there is no Win 2000 on the hard
> disk.

> --

Windows 2000 and Win 98 on one computer

Post by Aash » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

when you want to remove w2k and want to clean your MBR do following steps:

- Boot with 98 Bootable Floppy or Win98 Bootable CD.
- Type command  sys a: c:
- and manually Remove the directory D:\WINNT

hope this will help you .. to solve your problem,

Aashu