Need help getting started with POSIX

Post by Jim Reine » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have the NT Resource and wouldlike to do some work in the POSIX environment
on NT 3.51.  My problem is that I don't know where to start.  All of the
utilities and the shell are in source code, even the compiler!!!!  Will the
Visual C++ compiler work with the POSIX libraries and generate POSIX
executables ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Reineri

1. need help getting started

I'm new to eVB but I've been developing in VB for about 5
years.  In VB I'm use to creating the exe and also
creating the install setup.

Evidently in eVB an exe is not created, so I used the
embedded VB application install wizard to try to create
the project so I can load it on my Pocket PC.  When I get
to step 9, create install, I get a message 'Failed to copy
file setup.exe to the destination folder.  The message
says I might be out of disk space but I have plenty of
disk space available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Fred

2. Network cable unplugged?

3. Need Help getting old cdrom started while nothing is installed

4. remember password in OE/XP wont work

5. need help getting started using vc7

6. how do i FDISK in XP

7. Need help getting started...

8. Drag and Drop not working

9. Need help getting started in IT

10. Help needed getting started with MFC

11. help with posix commands needed

12. Need Help: Cannot make NT 3.51 running POSIX package.

13. posix: cannot connect to posix subsystem