Two questions on outlook express

Post by heinz5 » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 04:22:13

Q1.
I am finding that retyping in Outlook Express to correct
mistakes results in the words being 'nibbled' away instead
of a correct replacing of the mistake by a substitute
letter. In Word this can be corrected through auto
correct. Is there something similar for OE. (I use v6)

Q2. Still in OE, how can I use bold type?

Thank you all,

Heinz

Two questions on outlook express

Post by Don MacDougal » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 04:36:03

Quote:> Q1.
> I am finding that retyping in Outlook Express to correct
> mistakes results in the words being 'nibbled' away instead
> of a correct replacing of the mistake by a substitute
> letter. In Word this can be corrected through auto
> correct. Is there something similar for OE. (I use v6)

> Q2. Still in OE, how can I use bold type?

> Thank you all,

> Heinz

Q1. You are describing over type. The insert key on your keyboard toggles
your computer between over type and insert. Try pressing the insert key
once.

Q2. Select HTML format for your email messages.

Don

Post by heinz » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:50:01

> > Q1.
> > I am finding that retyping in Outlook Express to correct
> > mistakes results in the words being 'nibbled' away instead
> > of a correct replacing of the mistake by a substitute
> > letter. In Word this can be corrected through auto
> > correct. Is there something similar for OE. (I use v6)

> > Q2. Still in OE, how can I use bold type?

> > Thank you all,

> > Heinz

> Q1. You are describing over type. The insert key on your keyboard toggles
> your computer between over type and insert. Try pressing the insert key
> once.

> Q2. Select HTML format for your email messages.
> Don

Just a quick thank-you, Don. More solutions to little problems. It
really is good to have people like you we can turn to. I have never
even wondered about the INS key before.

Heinz

1. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

How do I get my old voluminous email from Outlook Express 4 into Outlook
Express 6 or Outlook XP so I can read it again?

My ISP's helpline tells me that it is impossible.

My old Windows '95 PC has Microsoft Outlook Express version 4 (actually
4.72.3120.0).

My new PC running under Windows XP for Home has Outlook Express version 6
and Outlook (which came with Microsoft Office XP).

I need to get all of my old email messages from Express 4 to either Express
6 or to Outlook and to get a small number of messages (erroneously
downloaded into Express 6) from Express 6 to Outlook.

I have copied all of my email messages from the old machine to the new but
cannot find any way of importing them into either Outlook Express 6 or
Outlook.

My version of Outlook does not have an import from Express 6: only Express
4.x and 5.x are mentioned.  If I use it for Express 6, it tells me that the
the right number of messages have been successfully imported but they
haven't.   If I try to import the copied Express 4 messages, it just tries
to load the Express 6 ones again, hardly surprising as it never asks for an
input pathname.

If I try to import into Express 6, it prompts for a pathname and when I type
the pathname where the copied Express 4 email folders are located, it says
there are no email messages there or that there may be another program
trying to access them which I should close (there isn't).

If, on the old PC, I use the export facility in Express 4, it simply says it
is exporting and doesn't tell me at the end what it has done with them.  If
I use 'Find' to search for files created or modified today, I cannot see any
obvious export file.

I cannot load Express 4 on the new PC from my Freeserve disk (as it
recognises that Express 6 is installed already) and I cannot load Express 6
or Outlook on the old PC as it is only Windows 95.

2. apache console

3. Conversion from Outlook Express 5.5 to Outlook Express 6

4. Oregon Scientific Camera

5. Tranferring old emails in to outlook express from outlook express!

6. incomplete printing from websites

7. Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.

8. How Do I Share Software Among Users?

9. Import Outlook Express 5 messages in Outlook Express 6

10. Unable to import outlook express 5.5 to outlook express 6.0

11. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?

12. Outlook Express 6 downloading server messages to outlook express

13. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?