WINSOCK.DLL not named 'winsock' ?

Post by Juhana Jup » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

If someone has any knowledge of a fully working winsock dll that's
not named 'winsock', I'd sure like to know where to get it. It would
have to be compatible at least with Winsock 1.1 standard.

Or if someone knows where to find a source code for a working winsock.dll
implementation (again preferably at least 1.1).

And finally if someone knows where to find a source code for a
Windows www-browser... that's on the wish list too.

We are developing a winsock implementation for serial communications
with a few extra bonus features to it and it would help a lot if we could find
a winsock.dll that's not named 'winsock'. And we need it fast.... :)

Thanks, Juhana Juppo,
        on behalf of the Mowgli Research Group

Post by Ed Schwalenbe » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

  We are developing a winsock implementation for serial communications
  with a few extra bonus features to it and it would help a lot if we could find
  a winsock.dll that's not named 'winsock'. And we need it fast.... :)

You might want to take a look at Microsoft Systems Journal, November 1993,
in the Questions and Answers - Windows column.  There Matt Pietrek describes
a kludge where you can make Windows "forget" that a given module (EXE or DLL)
is loaded, forcing it to reload another separate copy.  It's not pretty, but
I think it will help you out.

1. PCNFS winsock.dll; exchanging winsock.dll

I have a TCPIP application which works well when using Chameleon.

Using PCNFS 5.1a, it does not work (the PC WINDOWS 3.11 reboots!). Note other
client-server applications work properly.

Using PCNFS 5.0 is not better with that application.

I suspect a bug in the PCNFS 5.1a winsock.dll.

I tried to exchange the winsock.dll of PCNFS by the one of Chameleon with no
result because the Chameleon winsock.dll is part of a whole group of other
necessary DLLs.

DID SOMEONE EVER REPLACE the PCNFS WINSOCK.DLL BY ANOTHER COMMERCIAL
OR NON-COMMERCIAL WINSOCK.DLL ?

WHICH ONE ?

Thank You.

--

IA Corporation SA (IA/MC2)
4 Chemin de Malacher, ZIRST 4401

--

IA Corporation SA (IA/MC2)
4 Chemin de Malacher, ZIRST 4401
F38944 Meylan Cedex

2. Can't upgrade to 28.32 from 23.12 (WHQL)?

3. Warp's Winsock.dll

4. XP showing reduced size hard Drive capacity ??

5. conflicting winsock.dll's

6. XP Networking

7. Winpmail can't see winsock.dll

8. gaining hard disk space

9. Can't find winsock.dll?

10. help needed with Denny's WinHttpd: error 10053 and new winsock.dll installed

11. Winsock to UNIX - UNIX can't recognize when Winsock dies

12. Winsock error 'Unable to load library WSOck32.dll'

13. Help, not able to send on accepted socket (Winsock.dll)