Program Installation Errors

Post by Lone On » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Recently, it seems that
certain files have been deleted and I am unable to install anything into
NT 4.0. Whenever I try to run an installation program, I get the message

"System DLLs corrupt of missing"

Can anyone tell me the DLLs I need to replace in order to be able to
install programs?

-Jay

Post by Phil Barne » Sun, 06 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Recently, it seems that
>certain files have been deleted and I am unable to install anything into
>NT 4.0. Whenever I try to run an installation program, I get the message

>"System DLLs corrupt of missing"

Are you booting from floppys to do the install? I would try that
first.

Quote:>Can anyone tell me the DLLs I need to replace in order to be able to
>install programs?

I think you need to reinstall NT. It will minimally change your
configuration to reinstall. Mostly, it will appear that nothing
changed, except all the system files will be there. Be sure to install
Service Pack 3 after your reinstall of NT.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             Always remember you are unique...
               Just like everyone else!

Program Installation Errors

Post by Harold Sinclai » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Before reinstalling NT completely, you might want to check the event viewer's
application log to see if there's anything about *which* dlls are gone. If
they truly are system dlls, I would service pack it first, in any case. BTW
which application are you trying to install? Are you logged in as
administrator or administrator group, or as a user whose actual rights you
may not know (logging in on some network with policies set)?

-Harold

> >Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Recently, it seems that
> >certain files have been deleted and I am unable to install anything into
> >NT 4.0. Whenever I try to run an installation program, I get the message

> >"System DLLs corrupt of missing"

> Are you booting from floppys to do the install? I would try that
> first.

> >Can anyone tell me the DLLs I need to replace in order to be able to
> >install programs?

> I think you need to reinstall NT. It will minimally change your
> configuration to reinstall. Mostly, it will appear that nothing
> changed, except all the system files will be there. Be sure to install
> Service Pack 3 after your reinstall of NT.

> --

>         Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
>  Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/
>          FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

>              Always remember you are unique...
>                Just like everyone else!

1. Program Installation Errors

After a fresh install of XP home OEM, I had problems installing software.  I
tried to install Norton SW2002 and Word 2000, but kept getting errors.  I
followed the advice at Symantec's help forum, install for HD and in safe
mode, didn't work.  I decided to go to the install program console and try
to install there.  I followed the prompts, and the software went on without
a hitch.  I don't really know the difference, if any, unless this turns off
some background apps that might cause problems.  I haven't seen a manual on
XP, and the forums are new.  If your having this problem try this, and let
me know if it helps, or that I'm just full of it!

--
Ronald C. Taylor

2. Linking to Outlook email from IE6

3. Program installation error with registry

4. Maximize Media Player 8 on second Desktop

5. Weird program error after installation (9 Series)

6. importing media 8 music info to media 9

7. Error after program installation

8. I have the wmp.dmg file, now what?

9. Error on program installation

10. Program Installation and Error Messages

11. Fatal Error right after Preparing Installation - Manifest Parse Error

12. "A disk read error has occurred" strange error message during winxp pro installation

13. CRC in installation errors, and huge other errors