OLE drag and drop

Post by Arun » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

        Iam working on a VC++4.0/Win95 project. In my application, i have a
bitmap image (which has a few hardware chips on it), displayed to my main
window. I need to add drag and drop features to it. The drag source is the
list box of the default File Open dialog box and the target is the chips
in the bitmap. As of now, i know that i will have to create a
COleDropTarget and a COleDropSource. Since my view is the target, i know
that CMyView should have a COleDropTarget member. Also i call the
Register() fn. to register the target. But how do i create the
OleDropSource as my FileOpen dlg box is the source. Also what are the
messages that i will have to handle to implement this drag and drop.

Please send me the information in detail. Also reply to my address

Thanks
Arun

1. CTreeView auto scroll with OLE drag'n drop

Is there a simple way to get a CTreeView embedded in a splitter pane to
auto scroll when dragging into it?

I've waded through the COleDropTarget code and it calls the splitter
windows scrolling code but the TreeView is not hooked into this process.
What is the appropriate place to do this?

I have managed to get the view to scroll by doing it myself in my
OnDragOver() routine but I don't get all the fancy timing niceties one
should have.

Regards
Rob Nielsen

2. DVD R/RW player won't open

3. Calling default implementation of OLE interface map: Drag-and-Drop in Rich Edit Ctrl

4. Counterstrike and voice chat??

5. Drag and Drop Witout OLE - How?

6. Utilizing a Large Capacity Hard Drive

7. OLE drag-and-drop: can I override it's ugly cursor ??

8. I activated my WINDOWS XP Pro and now it constantly reboots by itself

9. ole drag and drop, my time has come

10. Questions about Drag & Drop & OLE on NT 4.0

11. OLE Drag/Drop - How to change default cursor

12. OLE Drag & Drop and DCOM

13. MFC OLE drag and drop crash