Error starting program

Post by Tim Kin » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:59:57

I recently loaded an application that's supposed to be supported on Win95
Build 950b, but I get the following message when the app tries to start:

Error starting program
The INCD.EXE file is linked to missing export
KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA

I suspect this export is probably a feature of a later version of Windows,
but hey, what do I know?  I know it's not included in my copy of
KERNEL32.DLL.  Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Tim
Windows 95 build 950b
P133
Kickin' it 'til it blows up!

Error starting program

Post by Henri Leboeu » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:45:01

Check your version of kernel32.dll against this database.
This type of error is caused by wrong version or .dll or a corrupted file.

Welcome to the Microsoft DLL Help database
The DLL Help database provides a searchable database of information about
file versions that ship with a selected set of Microsoft products.
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp
--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> I recently loaded an application that's supposed to be supported on Win95
> Build 950b, but I get the following message when the app tries to start:

> Error starting program
> The INCD.EXE file is linked to missing export
> KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA

> I suspect this export is probably a feature of a later version of Windows,
> but hey, what do I know?  I know it's not included in my copy of
> KERNEL32.DLL.  Anybody got any ideas?

> Thanks
> Tim
> Windows 95 build 950b
> P133
> Kickin' it 'til it blows up!

Error starting program

Post by m.. » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 07:14:03

> I recently loaded an application that's supposed to be supported on Win95
> Build 950b, but I get the following message when the app tries to start:

> Error starting program
> The INCD.EXE file is linked to missing export
> KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA

> I suspect this export is probably a feature of a later version of Windows,
> but hey, what do I know?  I know it's not included in my copy of
> KERNEL32.DLL.  Anybody got any ideas?

> Thanks
> Tim
> Windows 95 build 950b
> P133
> Kickin' it 'til it blows up!

That export _is_ in 95 950 b. Perhaps a corrupted disk? Try
reinstall.

--J
Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Error starting program

Post by Tim Kin » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:19:24

OK, so now I feel really foolish.  I could have sworn I had build 950b, but
after reading this, I went back and looked again.  I don't.  I have build
950a.  Does anyone know if build 950a's Kernel32.dll is supposed to have the
export GetDiskFreeSpaceExA?  Man, this is really annoying!  Does this mean
I'm hosed with InCD?

Tim
Windows 95 build 950a (for cryin' out loud!)

> > I recently loaded an application that's supposed to be supported on
Win95
> > Build 950b, but I get the following message when the app tries to start:

> > Error starting program
> > The INCD.EXE file is linked to missing export
> > KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA

> > I suspect this export is probably a feature of a later version of
Windows,
> > but hey, what do I know?  I know it's not included in my copy of
> > KERNEL32.DLL.  Anybody got any ideas?

> > Thanks
> > Tim
> > Windows 95 build 950b
> > P133
> > Kickin' it 'til it blows up!

> That export _is_ in 95 950 b. Perhaps a corrupted disk? Try
> reinstall.

> --J
> Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Error starting program

Post by ockero » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 20:32:36

What's the application and have you checked with their website to see if
they have any information on your problem?

PaT.
Lift the "Wallet" and then email me.
---

Quote:> I recently loaded an application that's supposed to be supported on Win95
> Build 950b, but I get the following message when the app tries to start:

> Error starting program
> The INCD.EXE file is linked to missing export
> KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA

> I suspect this export is probably a feature of a later version of Windows,
> but hey, what do I know?  I know it's not included in my copy of
> KERNEL32.DLL.  Anybody got any ideas?

> Thanks
> Tim
> Windows 95 build 950b
> P133
> Kickin' it 'til it blows up!

Error starting program

Post by ockero » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 21:50:41

That function may be part of the FAT32 capability with Windows 95B in which
case, you're outta luck! InCD is part of Nero right? I've never found a real
use for it as I found it was much easier to pick the files and do them all
at once rather than on the fly...

Post by m.. » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:09:18

> OK, so now I feel really foolish.  I could have sworn I had build 950b, but
> after reading this, I went back and looked again.  I don't.  I have build
> 950a.  Does anyone know if build 950a's Kernel32.dll is supposed to have the
> export GetDiskFreeSpaceExA?  Man, this is really annoying!  Does this mean
> I'm hosed with InCD?

> Tim
> Windows 95 build 950a (for cryin' out loud!)

WAG: Did you actually check the contents w/ Quickview?

--J
Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Error starting program

Post by Tim Kin » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 07:23:38

Thanks for the responses, folks.

- Yes, I actually did look at the .dll with quickview.  That's how I
confirmed that the export was, indeed, missing.

- Yes, InCD is part of Nero.  The version that came with my Cendyne
drive/Nero 5.0 seemed to work quite well with 950a.  It was the 5.5 version
that really seems to have messed up my machine.  I've tried uninstalling the
version that came with 5.5 and reinstalling the version that came with 5.0,
but when I do that, the machine blue-screens to a horrible death when I try
to boot it.  Further, after numerous attempts to start in safe mode and
finally succeeding, I couldn't seem to locate where it starts.  I checked
all the usual haunts, such as the StartUp group and in the registry under
the Run, RunOnce, etc. folders, but it was well hidden.  I ended up just
uninstalling it.  I guess if it serves no practical purpose, I'll just leave
it off.  However, Nero 5.5's InCD has obviously done something distasteful
to my machine.  I find that rather aggravating.  I'm wondering if
RegClean4.1a or Norton can clean up the registry sufficiently.  I'll have to
give those ideas a shot.  Then there's a file called Nerocd95.vxd in
C:\windows\system\iosubsys.  I'll bet that's a real useful nugget, too!
I'll have to look for that one in the registry, too.

- Oddly enough, the packaging doesn't specify 950b, it just specifies
Windows 95.  That's why I bought the upgrade.

- Don't even get me started on their support site.  Their reply was to point
me to a page on their site that outlines supported burners.  Hardware issue?
I doubt it!

That'll teach me not to back up my registry and/or my installation
directories before every single, stinkin' software installation.  :-I
Everybody does that, right?

Thanks again.
Tim

> That function may be part of the FAT32 capability with Windows 95B in
which
> case, you're outta luck! InCD is part of Nero right? I've never found a
real
> use for it as I found it was much easier to pick the files and do them all
> at once rather than on the fly...

> PaT.
> Lift the "Wallet" and then email me.
> ---

> WAG: Did you actually check the contents w/ Quickview?

> --J
> Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

> > OK, so now I feel really foolish.  I could have sworn I had build 950b,
> but
> > after reading this, I went back and looked again.  I don't.  I have
build
> > 950a.  Does anyone know if build 950a's Kernel32.dll is supposed to have
> the
> > export GetDiskFreeSpaceExA?  Man, this is really annoying!  Does this
mean
> > I'm hosed with InCD?

> > Tim
> > Windows 95 build 950a (for cryin' out loud!)

> > Win95
> start:

> > Windows,

> > > That export _is_ in 95 950 b. Perhaps a corrupted disk? Try
> > > reinstall.

> > > --J
> > > Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

1. WMP 8 error starting program

When I try to start Windows Media Player (version
8.00.00.4228) I get the following error message: "The
wmplayer.exe file is linked to missing export error
kernel32.dll:GetUserDefaultUILanguage."

2. shut down

3. Error starting program

4. NT4 version of COMPRESS

5. cannot get into bios

6. Error Starting Programs PLEASE HELP!!

7. Call Word Macro from VC++ Example?

8. Error Starting Program

9. error starting program

10. mso9.dll - error starting program

11. Error starting program

12. Please help - Error Starting program