WinGate 3.0 error - ISP access denied for client

WinGate 3.0 error - ISP access denied for client

Post by Misha Sakharo » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

I installed server and client after the procedure described in the manual.
Wingate pings OK.I can see the server in the WG Internet Client (Control
Panel).
But i keep on getting the error message no. 691: "Error connecting
to (ISP name). Access denied because username and/or password is invalid."
Everything works OK when i switch on to my old modem connection.
What's wrong?
We purchased the newest version of iShare software package prior to trying
WG, but it showed to be completely incompatible with Outlook 97,* the
mapisp32.exe. I hope I will manage to get WinGate to work on our company
network now. I will appreciate any help.

Version: WinGate 3.0 Standard
Platform: Windows 95
Server: DNS disabled
ip 192.168.0.1
Client: DNS enabled
Host - Client name
DNS Search order- ISP IP
No gateway, No WINS, IP auto

Best regards
Misha Sakharov,
Field Applications Engineer
OptoTel AS

1. Remote-Access a Clients Registry, access denied problem

A Client of my local network does not arrive any longer up to the log on
screen, because I changed into the Registry the boot DEVICE (from drive
letter F to C). solution shouldt be remote accessed  the Clients Registry.

By use

net \\client name\IPC$ / user:administrator *

I make the connection, so that I can use regedit.exe or regedt32.exe and "
Connect Network Registry... ". I can see the Registry of the Client in the
tree structure. Then unfortunately I have however none access, I receive the
message "You do not have permission to view the current permission settings
fpr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but you make permission changes" While trying to
change the permissions I receive the message " ACCESS denied ".

2. How to Disable Macromedia Flash

3. Wingate 3.0 client for NT

4. Is that a bug in PlatformBuilder 4.0 debugger: can not display unicode string properly

5. Really strange profile problem (access denied! access denied!)

6. FAT 32 or NTFS

7. Help: access denied while installing acrobat ALL over- Access denied to all users my documents

8. Access Log Wierdness

9. Access Denied - File not found or access denied

10. Access Denied error when accessing files.

11. error 403 Forbidden (access denied by access control list?)

12. ICS XP,works but the client can't access ISP website and mail

13. ICS XP,works but the client can't access ISP website and mai