how do I associate a compiler tool in Visual C++

how do I associate a compiler tool in Visual C++

Post by Gran » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Gang,

I'd like for the Visual C++ compiler to recognize "cc" as an
alternate for "cpp".  Also, I'd like to be able to use the "compile"
button to compile a "yacc" file (with extension "y") by invoking
"bison" from within the Visual C++ IDE..

When I hit the "compile" button with the yacc file open, I get the
error message "no compiler tool is associated with the file
extension" (rightly so), but, unfortunately, I get no advice from
Visual C++ on how to do that.  After hunting high and low through
the help system (and also Deja), I think I need some help from you
real-live human beings.

How do I "associate a compiler tool" in Visual C++, v6.0?

thanks much,

-Grant