|||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

|||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

Post by Randall Mas » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

We need to lock a CROM(s) in a NT Workstation. One idea suggested that
we find a jumper on the back of this SCSI CDROM and tie it in with the
keyboard lock switch. HOWEVER the CDROM(s) we are using do not have
such a jumper.

Anyone out there willing a write a driver to lock CDROM(s) or know
where to find such a utility ?

|||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

Post by dave port » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

> We need to lock a CROM(s) in a NT Workstation. One idea suggested that
> we find a jumper on the back of this SCSI CDROM and tie it in with the
> keyboard lock switch. HOWEVER the CDROM(s) we are using do not have
> such a jumper.

> Anyone out there willing a write a driver to lock CDROM(s) or know
> where to find such a utility ?

So why couldn't someone who *really* wanted to remove the CD just
power-off the workstation and then open the door by inserting a
paperclip in the hole that's there to allow you to open the door
when all other methods fail?