Newbie, Win apps 'start in' box

Post by Tony Howar » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:07:06

Just got Wine running, freedom from Windoze!!

I start a couple of MS apps using the 'start in' in the properties pane
to point them at a customised .ini file, but using a common .exe file
(Agent principally so I can have separate posting preferences for
personal and work)  Anyway of doing the same thing under Wine?

Newbie, Win apps 'start in' box

Post by Eric Wilhel » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:33:38

> Just got Wine running, freedom from Windoze!!

> I start a couple of MS apps using the 'start in' in the properties pane
> to point them at a customised .ini file, but using a common .exe file
> (Agent principally so I can have separate posting preferences for
> personal and work)  Anyway of doing the same thing under Wine?

You would probably want to cd into the directory from a console and start
it from there. This should be equivelant to the "start in", although you
might have trouble (depending on the application) if you don't start it in
the program directory.  If it works from the console, you could try
setting up your window manager (KDE has a start-directory option) or you
could create a wrapper script to handle it if you need a more customized
arrangement.  See my above post about AutoCAD for a link to just such a script.

--Eric

1. Pandora's Box won't start under Windows XP - Help!

When I upgrade from Windows 98SE into Windows XP Home
Edition - the game 'Pandora's Box' won't start after full
installation from CD and pop-on a msg: "Compatibility
problems are known under this Operating System.
Please contact www.microsoft.com for update allowing to
work with this game."

Need Badly Help!
Thanks in advance for any Tips, Help to resolve my
problem. ;) :)

I check with Microsoft but I can not anything here to
support provide into this game under Windows XP.
There is only a one patch in consideration for PC with
Pentium III - (:)

2. Outlook Express Files corrupted

3. Application Window won't display and app won't terminate

4. Windows time and date

5. Computer starts writing '''''''''''''

6. IE6 Freezes

7. Why app won't come back after 'X' is clicked?

8. Large hard disk (>8.4GB)

9. OE won't send, won't start up a second time...

10. W98 won't start; setup won't reinstall: "corrupt .cab file"

11. W98 won't start; setup won't reinstall: "corrupt .cab file" HELP

12. Screensaver won't start with wallpaper changer app

13. How can I activate the 'Start->Run...' box from a command line?