Winsock on Pentium

Post by Peter Benda » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have just upgraded a PC from a 386/33 to a Pentium90
All the interfaces, except the IDE, Floppy and Serial ports (now on the Mother
 Board) are exactly the same as before.
Software is unchanged

Winsock over Ethernet appears to have stopped working

Does anyone have similar experience or workaround?

 config:

     NI5210 packet-driver at 0x60
     Winpkt at 0x60
     XFS at 0x60
     Winpkt at 0x62

          CUTCP, Telnet and FTP both ways, are still working at DOS level as
           are the shared disks and PCNFSD Printing.

     Under Windows, TCPMAN is unchanged - but

          EWAN, WS_FTP, NETFO no longer work, and EWAN causes GPFs if exited
           and TCPMAN crashes out after EWAN is aborted
          It seems from watching NETSCAPE or NETFO's NSLookup that nothing is
           communicating (Netscape - "looking up www.xxxxx.xxxx")

Peter

---
Peter Bendall                                                Computer Manager
European Molecular Biology Laboratory,                     Hamburg Outstation.

Home:   http://www.embl-hamburg.de/~Peter  | FAX:      +49  40 - 899 02 149

1. Pentium 200 or a Pentium 166MMX?

Which is a better chip to get, The Pentium 200MHZ or 166MMX?
I currently have a Pentium 133MHZ with 32megs of ram and Matrox
Mystique video card with 4 megs of sgram on it. If I put a game like
Quake on 800*600 resolution it runs extremely slow.  Isn't the
computer I have now able to play under a circumstances like this or do
I need a new processor like the 200MHZ or the 166MMX?

Any information would be appreciated
Please email any info to:

Thank You

2. Missing Times New Roman Fonts

3. Performance of Pentium Pro v. Pentium w/ MMX

4. Installing second ATA "slave" hard drive???

5. pentium 3 to pentium 4

6. Medal Of Honor, Loading Screen

7. Pentium 4 2.8ghz HT vs. Pentium M 1.5 ghz

8. Sound Lags When Playing *.wav Files

9. Pentium III at Pentium 1 speed?

10. NT vs. WIN95 & Pentium vs Pentium Pro

11. Upgrading single pentium to dual pentium

12. Question: Pentium or Pentium Pro?

13. Two Pentium 100MHZ or one Pentium 200MHZ , Which is better?