REQ: "logout" command line tool for NT

Post by Leonard Tulipa » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I need a (freeware)-tool to logout a user from the command prompt
(within a kixtart- script)

Any Link's?

TIA
Leo

P.S: Please Mail me your responses

REQ: "logout" command line tool for NT

Post by Stev » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You can call ExitWindowsEX (in user32 I think) directly from the command
line.
Steven
[This followup was posted to comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

Quote:> I need a (freeware)-tool to logout a user from the command prompt
> (within a kixtart- script)

> Any Link's?

> TIA
> Leo

> P.S: Please Mail me your responses

1. Display shutsdown after "run as" and "Limited" user logout

I have a repeatable problem on my "Windows XP Home" machine. I have a
Windows 95 program that I want to run on XP. It runs fine on XP as an
Administrator, but I want it to be able to run on a Limited user
account. The only way I've been able to do this is to use "run as".
This is where the problem is.

If I run the program using the "run as" and using an Administrator
login, the program runs fine, but after I exit the program and log off
as the "Limited" user, the display monitor goes into power save mode and
there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to turn back on without power
cycling the entire machine. The power button on the front of the machine
is also disabled and it appears as if the machine is hung. Of course
since there's no display, it's kind of hard to tell what's going on.

Power cycling this machine is a pain since it's on a UPS and when the
machine is in this mode the power button on the unit doesn't work
either. So I have to crawl behind the machine and power cycle the UPS.

Any help would be appreciated. My five year old really likes this
learning game, but I'm not sure I want to turn her and the three year
old loose on the machine.

The machine is a Dell Demension 2100 Celeron 1.1GHz with 256MB RAM,
Intel 3D AGP video, Dell E771 17" Monitor.

The program I'm trying to run is a children's game called "Disney's
Winnie the Pooh: Preschool"

2. password

3. using NT "at" command for rasdial scheduling - how do you say "now"?

4. how to transfer Mac files to Win95?

5. Question about the "dir" command in the command-line mode

6. Email account does not accepted

7. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

8. Does MS-MVP's Dont know client/server set-up?

9. command line to open "windows NT Explorer"?

10. Getting under NT's "skin" (command line scripting)

11. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

12. How to select "line in" or "microphone"

13. is there a NT command for the novell command "member of"