Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

Post by Dr. Blad » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I want to pass along a solution for a problem I was having with Wingate 3.0,
Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards.  I have cable modem that I wanted to share
between two computers. One that was a win95  and one that is a win98. So I
purchased a Linksys 10Mbps network starter kit. After battleing to get two
Nic cards to work together in my win98 computer. ( d-link and Linksys card).
At this point my internal network worked fine (using win95 Linksys driver on
my win95 computer and win98 Linksys driver on my win98 computer) and my
cable modem internet connection ( using dlink driver on my win98 computer)
worked fine. I downloaded Wingate 3.0 pro for a 30 day trial. It installed
perfectly. The computers shared the cable modem perfectly. Until my win95
computer crashed, and I thought that it would be a perfect time to upgrade
to win98. So I did, and I used the Linksys win98 driver for the computer
this time. Then after I got every thing back together my Wingate 3.0 client
computer would only download 2Kb of data and hang. So after many, MANY hours
of loading and reloading win98, Wingate, talking to tech support that it was
finally solved.

 So in conclution, if your going to use Wingate, win98, and Linksys cards
use the win95 drivers for your linksys cards.

Dr. Blade

Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

Post by Buford T. Justi » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to pass along a solution for a problem I was having with Wingate 3.0,
>Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards.  I have cable modem that I wanted to share
>between two computers. One that was a win95  and one that is a win98. So I
>purchased a Linksys 10Mbps network starter kit. After battleing to get two
>Nic cards to work together in my win98 computer. ( d-link and Linksys card).
>At this point my internal network worked fine (using win95 Linksys driver on
>my win95 computer and win98 Linksys driver on my win98 computer) and my
>cable modem internet connection ( using dlink driver on my win98 computer)
>worked fine. I downloaded Wingate 3.0 pro for a 30 day trial. It installed
>perfectly. The computers shared the cable modem perfectly. Until my win95
>computer crashed, and I thought that it would be a perfect time to upgrade
>to win98. So I did, and I used the Linksys win98 driver for the computer
>this time. Then after I got every thing back together my Wingate 3.0 client
>computer would only download 2Kb of data and hang. So after many, MANY hours
>of loading and reloading win98, Wingate, talking to tech support that it was
>finally solved.

> So in conclution, if your going to use Wingate, win98, and Linksys cards
>use the win95 drivers for your linksys cards.

>Dr. Blade

I used to have the exact same configuration (later switched to NT
Server), and it all worked flawlessly. I was using the Win98 drivers
for the Linksys cards, no problems. The only hitch I had was when I
first set it up, I had to set each card to allow max connections at 16
and max sockets at 32. Found that info at Microsoft and the Linksys
site.

Post by fra.. » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> [...]

>>this time. Then after I got every thing back together my Wingate 3.0 client
>>computer would only download 2Kb of data and hang. So after many, MANY hours
>>of loading and reloading win98, Wingate, talking to tech support that it was
>>finally solved.

>> So in conclution, if your going to use Wingate, win98, and Linksys cards
>>use the win95 drivers for your linksys cards.

>>Dr. Blade

>I used to have the exact same configuration (later switched to NT
>Server), and it all worked flawlessly. I was using the Win98 drivers
>for the Linksys cards, no problems. The only hitch I had was when I
>first set it up, I had to set each card to allow max connections at 16
>and max sockets at 32. Found that info at Microsoft and the Linksys
>site.

Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

Post by Pieter Ega » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have wingate3, and it works all fine, but I have one problem. The client comp's
can't ping through the server. I wanna know if that is possible, and if how can I
configure that.
Pieter

Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

Post by Tim - BC » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Actually no...  Wingate will resolve the name, but you can't ping through
the proxy.  You will get a "destination host unreachable error".

Quote:> I have wingate3, and it works all fine, but I have one problem. The
client comp's
> can't ping through the server. I wanna know if that is possible, and if
how can I
> configure that.
> Pieter

1. TCP/IP, 2 cards and Wingate in win95

Hello there!

At home I have normaly two computers running Win95, the MS Netbui and
TCP/IP protocols. Netbui is used for connections between the PC's and
TCP/IP connects both computers to the Internet with Wingate.
I use UTP (twisted) with RJ45 connectors.

I tried to connect my laptop to this small system and added a second
network card to to Wingate machine. It accepts Netbui connections but it
seems impossible to use TCP/IP on the second card. When I try, Wingate
will call my ISP, but sends no information to the Internet.

My questions:
a) is it possible to use 2 netcards with TCP/IP in one computers?
b) if yes, how to I configure them? What numbers? I aim using
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.10.
My laptop uses 192.168.1.67 (that's for my office).
My ISP uses dynamic IP numbers.

Thank's for answers, suggestions and extra questions!

Jan Habraken
============

============

2. Winsock Windows Server

3. Anyone have the beta XP drivers for the Linksys LNEPCI2 - EtherPCI LAN Card II (Combo) card?

4. FAst one way and slow the other?

5. Installing Wingate 3.0 and NTMail to work together

6. New Indie Label

7. anyone know how to set up wingate 3.0 pro ?

8. Internet

9. TCP/IP and Wingate 3.0 Pro

10. WinGate 3.0 help

11. WINGATE 3.0 & Socket errors