Misc Windows 98(2nd ed) Related Questions

Misc Windows 98(2nd ed) Related Questions

Post by Stev » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:52:26

Hi;

I'm in the process of cleaning up a hard drive for a windows 98 box (
2nd edition ).

I was hoping someone could point me to some good docs or books where I
can read up on the

issues below.  I want to learn.

Anyway,

1.  How can I tell if my windows 98 second edition box is running with
fat32 or fat16?

2.  I ran "format c: /s" on my hard drive without running fdisk first.
 Was this a bad thing ?
    Do I need to start over with fdisk then go to format c: /s ?.

3.  Where can I read up on how to partition hard drives?  Where can I
learn what all of the

options in fdisk mean?

4.  Making a boot diskette using control panel | add/remove programs
in windows 98 is very

easy but it doesn't include the cd rom drivers you need to run your cd
rom so you can use the

win 98 cd.  Is it enough for me to just copy the cd drivers to the
boot diskette and from

there copy it to c:\cdrom or do I need to make/run an install program
for the cd rom drivers?

5. Is there a utility I can get that will tell me what hardware I have
in my computer( msdos

or windows ) and will let me save the information to a file?

6. I would like to buy some new external peripherals for my box.  Most
of these require a USB

port.  I have a 3 year old gateway box ( G6-333 ).  Do I have a usb
port?  How do I tell? If I

don't can I get some sort of adapter?

Thanks in advance for any or all help with these questions

Steve

1. installing 2nd OS (win 98 2nd ed)

Hi
Could anybody tell me how to install windows 98 2nd ed as
a 2nd OS to my already installed windows XP Home
edition?.I am doing a course on IT from home ,and it is
all based on windows 98.It is difficult to learn about
Windows 98 when your OS is XP ,as very little seems to be
the same.
I have a 30 gig hard drive which has 2 partitions of 10
gig and 20 gig (approx),using FAT 32 partitioning.
The Windows XP is on the C drive ,and the D drive has
very little on it so far.
Thanks
Robert

2. windows installer problems

3. Upgrading Windows 98 (2nd Ed.) to Windows XP

4. Viewing thumbnails in Win2K

5. Incompatable RPC - Win 98 2nd Ed...IE 6.0

6. Network Services Problem

7. spec drv conv fr 98-2nd ed to XP for QB Pro 2000

8. WTB: WinNT 4.0 WkStn and Server

9. install xp after 98 2nd ed

10. VPN connection slowed down with Win 98 2nd ed.

11. Upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows XP Home Ed.

12. Links Related To comp.os.ms-windows.misc - FREE ACCESS

13. Links Related To comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc - FREE ACCESS 0226