Network cable unplugged Status message on the "Network and Dial-up" folder

Network cable unplugged Status message on the "Network and Dial-up" folder

Post by Albretc » Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:32:02

 Hi,

 I have a Windows 98 Laptop that I need to network with a Windows 2000 PC
which has a DSL connection to the Internet.

 My Windows 2000 machine is connecting to the internet via DSL just fine,
through an on board Ethernet Adapter, but the 3COM

EthernetLink (3C905C-TX) card I am using is showing a "Network cable
unplugged" Status message on the "Network and Dial-up

Connections" folder.

 I have done all I have read off the internet/newsgroups, I have tested that
the cable is firmly plugged, re-installing the

card, taking the card off the machine and plugging it again, ... , but
without finding solution

 What I want to do is connect the labtop to the other Ethernet card and
connect to the internet. How do I do that?

 Please, tell me what I have to do operationally like "go start. ..." I am
not a technical person

 THanks

1. Turning off the "Network cable is unplugged" message

I've got a DSL connection, so I generally turn off the modem when I'm not
on-line. When I do this, I get the warning "Network cable is unplugged" down
in the System Tray, and it won't go away unless I manually click on the X
button. There has to be some way to disable this warning. Any hints out
there?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dennis

2. Windows XP Pro File Download notice

3. 2 cpu nework and "a network cable is unplugged" message

4. Laptop Keys working wrong

5. "a network cable is unplugged" message

6. Lsass Memory leak / disk access solution

7. Nic "Network cable unplugged" message

8. From: Bernard Roizen <omnis@isdn.net.il>

9. "Network cable is unplugged" error

10. Windows XP "Network Cable unplugged"

11. notification in tray: "network cable unplugged"

12. "A network cable is unplugged" error msg every few seconds.

13. "Network cable is unplugged" with a twist