No autostart on cd-rw or dvd/cd drives

Post by Mike Gillar » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:23:08

Autostart on WinME system (new Dell Inspiron 8000) won't work. I have tried
settings (auto insert notification), also have disabled Roxio programs
(DirectCD and Easy CD Creator 5)  fromsystray. Dell tech support can't help.

Ideas?

TIA

Mike Gillard

1. cd drive f (DVD/CD-ROM) and cd drive e (CD-RW)

Hi,

Go to http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

Peter

     hi. i was wondering if anyone can help me. one problem that i have is with my cd-rom/dvd drive. my computer has stated that it is functioning properly; however when i put a disc in the drive it will not play. a message that says please put disc in drive appears even though a disc is in it already. my cd-rw drive will play a disc with audio tracks but i cannot send any files to the drive to burn or copy. i have already uninstalled both, rebooted, and let windows xp redetect and reinstall both. if anyone can help thanks.

2. Mouse not compatable with Windows 2000 Professional

3. DVD-RW / CD-RW Drive will not write to CDs in native burn mode

4. Real player

5. CD/CD-RW/DVD/DVD+RW

6. User Accounts

7. DVD/CD-RW Drive D Wont Play CD's or DVD!!

8. FS:Multimedia POwer Tools/CD

9. CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

10. SP2 - Now DVD/CD-RW reads dvds, but not CD-R or Audio CD

11. Emachines CD-ROM RW/DVD Drive Reading CD's, but NOT Burning Cd's

12. CD-RW drive will not recognize a CD-RW disc

13. DVD-RW & CD-RW change to CD-ROM when disk inserted