RegRestoreKey error code 120?

Post by Bill Morriso » Mon, 18 Mar 1996 04:00:00

In MyApp::InitInstance() my RegRestoreKey() is returning 120 and
FormatMessage() translates the GetLastError() to _this function is on
valid in WIN32 mode_.  I'm running WIN95 and VC++ 4.0.  Do you have any
idea what the problem might be?

Post by George H. Stah » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> In MyApp::InitInstance() my RegRestoreKey() is returning 120 and
> FormatMessage() translates the GetLastError() to _this function is on
> valid in WIN32 mode_.  I'm running WIN95 and VC++ 4.0.  Do you have any
> idea what the problem might be?

Dude,
        RegRestoreKey() is documented not to work in Win95.  By the way,
Here is a cut section from MSDN, article "Configuration Management and
the Registry"

Windows 3.1 functions that work in Windows 95
     RegOpenKey
     RegCreateKey
     RegCloseKey
     RegDeleteKey
     RegEnumKey
     RegQueryValue
     RegSetValue

Win32 functions that work in Windows 95
     RegCreateKeyEx
     RegDeleteValue
     RegEnumKeyEx
     RegEnumValue
     RegFlushKey
     RegOpenKeyEx
     RegQueryInfoKey
     RegQueryValueEx
     RegSetValueEx

WIN32 functions that do not work in Windows 95
     RegGetKeySecurity
     RegLoadKey
     RegSaveKey // I think this one does work, but
     RegRestoreKey // this one doesn't, so what good is it.
     RegReplaceKey
     RegUnloadKey
     RegSetKeySecurity
     RegNotifyChangeKeyValue
     RegConnectRegistry
     OpenUserProfileMapping
     CloseUserProfileMapping

1. Dell Inspiron 5100 (Display Error) DPI Setting Changed from 96DPI to 120?

Same Error as alot of the other posters. Display setting on my DELL
inspiron 5100 was changed. But unlike others my SCREEN went BLACK.
Here's the Dilemna:
When I boot, i have full color and display etc..
Its not until it gets to the logon screen, basically after the windows
logo, everything gooes black. I am able to login by pressing tab twice,
and hitting space.
Surprised myself with that one.. what can i say im a noob. anyway.
login now successful. the plot thickens without being able to see the
menu when i right click. i end up getting stuck there. Now I have a
Toshiba sattelite which im typing to you on now. but the menu is
different.
And with programs altering menus upon installation, i dont remember if
it is default or not (Weird Question?) Anyway i hope i gave enough
information. Any Suggestions? Help?

as of now my dell is rendered completely useless. :((

2. Audio Recording

3. IrCOMM port fails: Error 120

4. I have two domains and need to remove one

5. Fatal Error Code 2 / Loadlibrary Error Code 193 (C1)

6. Help File 'blanched' ?

7. Error code 50: Request not supported -- Error Code 6: Invalid Handle

8. Starting with OLE

9. Error Code 50: Request not Supported -- Error Code 6: Invalid Handle

10. Nike PSA 120 not detected

11. get paid 20-120 bucks an hour for watching adds on the internet?

12. ITU T.120 suite