Apache error: [warn] (64)Unknown error:winnt_accept: Asynchronous AccetpEx failed, pls help

Apache error: [warn] (64)Unknown error:winnt_accept: Asynchronous AccetpEx failed, pls help

Post by JD » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:21:43

Hi

I have been having some problem with exec of perl and php scripts. Having
noticed this error, Can someone please advise.
It is creating greate difficulity as some pages do not show up.
Many thanks
JD
-----------------------------
My previous post which can be relevant
-
-
-
Hi all,

Although I must confess that this post may not completely qualify as
On-Topic at this NG, I appeal to all intellectuals who (I have noticed)
regularly frequent this NG for help and support.

I have been suffering from a bug but have not been able to identify its
source and  was hoping that maybe someone would look into it or point me in
the right direction.
After having searched other newsgroups and the Internet, I have found that
the above Bug is not exclusive to my set up.

Set up:
Apache 2.0.39, Activestate Perl 5.6.1, PHP 4.2.1(installed as
module), Win XP, Win XP Pro, IE6, Netscape 6.2, Opera 6.1

Situation:
-Any static HTML page, regardless of its size, served by Apache loads
perfectly using all browsers
-Any SSI served page(using "#include virtual"), regardless of its size,
served by Apache loads perfectly using all browsers

-Any Perl served dynamic page, smaller than 30k, served by Apache loads
perfectly using all browsers
-Any PHP served dynamic page, smaller than 30k, served by Apache loads
perfectly using all browsers

-Any Perl served dynamic page which is more than 30-40k in size breaks down
-Any PHP served dynamic page which is more than 30-40k in size breaks down

Breakdown:
-IE6 does not load the page at all (blank page) or gets in a continuous loop
of loading website massage (flashing massage at status bar) but no display
of the page
-Netscape does a better job, sometimes it does not load at all, some times
it loads half the page and breaks down and occasionally (after few
refreshes) it loads the complete page
-Opera behave similarly to Netscape

Conditions of Broken-down Page:
-I have written basic scripts(1) both in Perl and PHP, simply loading an
html page
-The same problem is encountered with expertly written scripts, both in Perl
and PHP(2)
- enabling SSI parsing (AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .pl) of Perl docs and
altering the Perl script(3) to a SSI served page(or portion of) would
eliminate the problem, and all browsers load the page perfectly
(regardless of the size)

The mentioned bug occurs all the time. I have also checked the HTML
thoroughly and verified there are no HTML mistake to cause any problems. I
have also tried serving a large plain text with similar result.
I also tried tweaking the httpd.conf settings (keepalive, timeout, etc )
with no success.

Deduction:
(please do feel free to correct or comment)
-Since all browsers suffer (to various degrees), the Bug should not be
browser related
-Since Apache serves the pages without any problem as normal HTML or with
SSI, I would be surprised if the problem was with Apache
-Since (again) Apache SSI does not suffer any problems, that reduces the
chance of major Bug in Windows
-Since both Perl and PHP behave the same way, I would guess that the problem
is in counteraction between Windows and PHP and Perl

C Prompt (DOS) in Win XP (and pro) has changed to some degree (as I have DOS
progs which refuse to run under WinXP and I have read it is due to "poorly
written" program, or so I have been told?).
Can the problem be with the compiling of PHP & Perl for Windows? (I have
always used the ".msi" version and not done the compiling myself)
One last point, Can there be a conflict problem with a third party software?
(I am grasping at straws....)

I have for the time being, chopped up the pages into smaller portions, so
that they would be served by Perl and PHP.
I really hope some one could point me in some direction or at least
eliminate some of the above mentioned possibilities.
I will be grateful for all input (as I am beginning to pull my hairs out)
TIA

JD

----------------
(1)
perl script:
open (FILE, "$str[1].htm") or die "Can't open: $!";
$include1 = join ("", <FILE> );
close FILE;
print "$include1";

PHP script:
<?php
include ("./$env_array[1].htm");
?>

(2) Some examples
Perl:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=696140&forum_id=43428

PHP:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a...
4nma%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D14222%26hl%3De
n%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Daeoem1%2524nma%25241%2540FreeBS
D.csie.NCTU.edu.tw%26rnum%3D3

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a...
475n%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dproblem%2BIE6%
2Bphp%2B%2Bpage%2Bload%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D
aglq11%252475n%25241%2540FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw%26rnum%3D1

(3)
print "<!--#include virtual=\"$str[1].htm\"-->";

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Apache error: [warn] (64)Unknown error:winnt_accept: Asynchronous AccetpEx failed, pls help

Post by JD » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:01:03

Quote:> Hi

> [...]

> JD

> ----------------
> (1)
> perl script:
> open (FILE, "$str[1].htm") or die "Can't open: $!";
> $include1 = join ("", <FILE> );
> close FILE;
> print "$include1";

> PHP script:
> <?php
> include ("./$env_array[1].htm");
> ?>

> (2) Some examples
> Perl:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=696140&forum_id=43428

> PHP:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a...
4nma%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D14222%26hl%3De
n%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Daeoem1%2524nma%25241%2540FreeBS
Quote:> D.csie.NCTU.edu.tw%26rnum%3D3

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a...
475n%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dproblem%2BIE6%
2Bphp%2B%2Bpage%2Bload%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D
Quote:> aglq11%252475n%25241%2540FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw%26rnum%3D1

> (3)
> print "<!--#include virtual=\"$str[1].htm\"-->";

I have read the following which seems to address the problem:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

But i can not lay my hands on the update. If this is the correct fix for the
problem, can any1 direct me to a direct link to download plz.
Many Thanks in advance
JD

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

1. error: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed

Hi,

i had installed Apache under W2K in a little 2-machine net on the client
(192.168.0.2), there it runs without problems.
I'm using Sygate Home Network as software router.
Now, i have copied Apache to the server (192.168.0.1) and installed the
Apache service. The access rights on the file level are the same and i have
changed the path entries in the httpd.conf.
So, the configuration and installation on the second machine are the same
as on the first machine.
After the start on the server machine, the following error messages appear
in the error.log:

(warn)(64)unknown error: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
(warn)(121)unknown error: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

In the status window of my tiny personal firewall i see incoming connection
attempts, but no traffic, whether i run Apache as service, from the command
line, under the admin account or user account.
A new installation had no effect.

What else can i do? Any hints?

Ciao & Thx

Kai

2. putting a jpg on a doc in wordpad.

3. (64)Unknown error: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed. Plz help!

4. elitegroup KVZ7A + Athlon 1.4 GHz

5. Help: FTP Command Line - Error Message : Unknown Error Number

6. .pl but not .cgi - Apache

7. (help!)Error: Stop...C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

8. Error number 0x800CCE0E

9. Error on Start for apache: Apache has caused an error in libhttpd.dll

10. ! Apache is gernerating errors a error log is being prepared Apache will now stop

11. Windows XP Pro SP1 Update Fails with Delayed Write Fail Pls help

12. Pls pls pls help

13. Apache 1.3.6 error document, calling a file unknown to me