type `wxPanel' is not a base type for type `wxDialog'

type `wxPanel' is not a base type for type `wxDialog'

Post by Dirk Bernhard » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:22:51

Hello there,

just installed the new wxGTK-2.3.2 on my SuSE Linux 7.3 x86 machine

  (../configure  --with-gtk --prefix=/home/krid/opt/wxGTK-2.3.2
    --enable-debug --disable-shared --disable-no_rtti
    --disable-no_exceptions --enable-compat22 --enable-std_iostreams)

and it seems like wxDialog is no longer derived from wxPanel?!? (I used
wxGTK-2.2.7 before):

gist.cpp: In method `void Gist::OnSave(wxCommandEvent &)':
gist.cpp:341: type `wxPanel' is not a base type for type `wxDialog'
gist.cpp: In method `void Gist::OnConnect(wxCommandEvent &)':
gist.cpp:398: type `wxPanel' is not a base type for type `wxDialog'
gist.cpp: In method `void Gist::OnPrefs(wxCommandEvent &)':
gist.cpp:518: type `wxPanel' is not a base type for type `wxDialog'
make[1]: *** [o/gist.o] Error 1

1.) Is that correct, or
2.) what should I do and
3.) is there a way around these errors?

Thanks a lot,
Dirk

Post by Vadim Zeitli » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:02:15

DB> and it seems like wxDialog is no longer derived from wxPanel?!?

 No, it doesn't. It was incorrect from the design point of view: wxDialog
is not a wxPanel, rather it is a wxTopLevelWindow - just like wxFrame.

DB> 2.) what should I do and

 This depends on why do you use wxPanel as a base class for your dialog?
Normally there should be no reason to do it.

 Regards,
VZ

Post by Dirk Bernhard » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:51:35

> DB> 2.) what should I do and

>  This depends on why do you use wxPanel as a base class for your dialog?

'cause it was derived from wxPanel before.  I changed my souce code and
it works fine.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Dirk

1. The pnpreg debug tool doesn't work, or am I not typing something right?

I just got a new video card the Radaon 9800 pro.  My
previous video card was a Leadtek NVidia Geforce 4
4600ti.  Anyway, I uninstalled the old video drivers,
removed the old board and installed the Radaon.  The
problem occured when the new hardware detected wizard
tried to install the standard video drivers and it came
up saying "data not found"  So I went to ATI.com and they
posted an article saying that that problem can be common
and forwarded me to the microsoft web site
us;810509

Well I download the program and went to the command
prompt and typed pnpreg -1 like the article says to do.
But it says -1invalid option.  So the next time I try it,
I type, pnpreg [-1] I hit enter and it just says the
directory again.  Shouldn't tell me that it worked or if
something was changed?  So I tried reinstalling the
drivers and still says no data found.  Please help

Thanks

2. Help: Subclassing the Edit Control of a CListCtrl

3. file type 'Data Base File' (.db)

4. installing latest critical update

5. Runtime Error 251 - An exception of type 'Class not registered was not handled'

6. Disk is full

7. No 'Advanced' option in 'File Types' dialog box

8. What is a *.tre file

9. Novice Q: error C2011: 'CXxxDoc' : 'class' type redefinition

10. MediaPlayer7.01 - 'Runtime not valid for media file type' C00D10B0

11. Someone's typing but it's not me

12. File type will not 'stick'

13. VC++ 4.0 error C2833: 'operator DEBUG_NEW' is not a recognized operator or type HELP!