Print to File:

Post by Andrew Glisso » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

> Can anyone provide information on how to set up Win95 to print program
> output to a file, rather than a printer?

> Thanks for your help.

Add a printer, and for the port choose "FILE:" (It's listed at the bottom,
after LPT1, LPT2, etc).  For your own benefit, name the printer something
like Printfile or whatever (be creative...)

Then just print to that printer, and it will prompt for a filename.

-A

Print to File:

Post by Al Ote » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

>Can anyone provide information on how to set up Win95 to print program
>output to a file, rather than a printer?

Yes, I have the whole procedure out lined on my web site.  Check my
Help files And FAQ's
Remove the X's to reply via email
Check out my web page at:
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/haven/6446

Print to File:

Post by Jon Ev » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Add a new printer that uses either the File: port, or a locally
named port. See http://www.gallicrow.co.uk/PrintingFAQ.html
for step-by-step instructions.

Jon

Gallicrow Software Limited             http://www.gallicrow.co.uk
Home of Imprint - a utility for printing text and binary files