Install Options Disappeared!!Install Options Not Appearing

Install Options Disappeared!!Install Options Not Appearing

Post by Randy Walberg - Mus » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi there,

I can't seem to get some options to appear in the install/remove programs
dialog.  I have drivespace installed but not running and some other options
that I am not using but they do not appear in the check lists so I can not
uncheck them to have them uninstalled.  They were there before because I did
not install all of the options at the same time.

I am also missing the cdplayer.exe that the auto-play feature seems to want.
Is it possible to substitute a different player if I can't install it?

Thanks,
Randy Walberg

1. Win XP install list only ntfs not fat options for dos access

I have done many installs of Home/Pro XP.
XP is not giving me the option of Fat options on
formating a unpartitioned drive. They just default and
only list option's: ntfs and ntfs quick.
   When you are requested to boot to a Dos disk so much
in many software/hardware---applications/installations
and the only way you can get this done in XP is through
fat partitions and a Dos Bootable disk 98/ME.
    Why does MS run us around and call for things like XP
Dos Boot disk along with software/hardware companies and
there is no such thing unless you use a 98/ME Dos
bootable on a fat formated harddrive with XP? Can the fat
file be fat16 and fat32? I Thought fat32 was ntfs. What
is the differance? Help why are things this way.

2. XP HOME ICS and Messenger

3. highlight newly installed programs option not working properly

4. MSDN Academic Alliance

5. ASR option does not show up when booting from install CD

6. Remote printing prints to a file not to the printer

7. Install New Font option not found

8. Fax device

9. Install New Font Is Not an Option

10. OE not appearing in Internet Options program list

11. 'Accounts' Option Does Not Appear

12. Scanner and Camera menu options not appearing

13. Shortcuts in SendTo folder not appearing as "Send To" options even after reboot