Win 2003 cluster

Post by Oscar Tera » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:39:16

When I reboot the server it takes really long time to come up I got some
info from Microsoft this was the response
There was

a case where the _Cluster_Network_Name_ held an incorrect value. Please

check HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

for this variable. If it's present make sure it actually specifies a

valid virtual server name.

I did not find that key so what is the key value that I need to add to the
server?

Thanks

Oscar

Win 2003 cluster

Post by Steven Liu [MSFT » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:07:47

Hi Oscar,

Commonly, slow logon issue is caused by the incorrect DNS configuration.

I did not find any information which will cause the slow logon with the
incorrect key settings in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Environment key.

We can also run the following command:

SET _CLUSTER_NETWORK_NAME_=<IP ADDRESS NAME>

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

Get Secure! C www.microsoft.com/security

This posting is provided ?as is? with no warranties and confers no rights.