fatal error C1010

Post by Jim Rainvil » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
figure out whats causing it:

fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
precompiled header directive

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks,
Jim

fatal error C1010

Post by Paul Bearde » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
> figure out whats causing it:

> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
> precompiled header directive

> Anybody have any ideas???

> Thanks,
> Jim

Try including stdafx.h if it is not there already.

| Code Conspirators, Inc.         http://www.pobox.com/~pbeard/ |
| 972-382-2867 or 972-918-7819                   CIS: 72117,510 |

fatal error C1010

Post by Jason Boehl » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am assuming you generated a project with AppWizard, and are now trying to
add your own source files, right?  Just add this line to the top of your
cpp file: #include "stdafx.h".  Hope this helps!

Jason Boehle

http://www.sunflower.com/~jboehle/

Quote:> Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
> figure out whats causing it:

> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
> precompiled header directive

> Anybody have any ideas???

> Thanks,
> Jim

fatal error C1010

Post by A.Gopa » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
> figure out whats causing it:

> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
> precompiled header directive

> Anybody have any ideas???

> Thanks,
> Jim

Also,
 You could try checking the Automatic use of precompiled header in the
 'Precompiled headers'

fatal error C1010

Post by Chris Marriot » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
>figure out whats causing it:

>fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
>precompiled header directive

>Anybody have any ideas???

Add the line:

        #include "stdafx.h"

as the first non-comment line in your source file.

Chris

Creators of fine astronomy software for Windows.
For full details, visit our web site at http://www.skymap.com

fatal error C1010

Post by w » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>> Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
>> figure out whats causing it:

>> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
>> precompiled header directive

>> Anybody have any ideas???

>> Thanks,
>> Jim

>Also,
> You could try checking the Automatic use of precompiled header in the
> 'Precompiled headers'

I  have encountered the same problem .
This error happened when i inserted new files to your project.
I solved this problem by "don't use the *.PCH" in 'Precompiled headers'.

But i have another question now!!

"don't use the *.PCH" will be slow.

Can i updat the *.PCH when i want to insert files ?
and then i can still use the *.PCH to speed up my complier time !!

fatal error C1010

Post by Howard Rub » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

You have to #include "stdafx.h" in your source file.
- Howard Rubin

>>> Help - I keep getting this error when I try to compile and I can't
>>> figure out whats causing it:

>>> fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for
>>> precompiled header directive

>>> Anybody have any ideas???

>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim