ERROR: System Resource is dangerously low

ERROR: System Resource is dangerously low

Post by Henr » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:46:15

Hi,
I have a DELL desktop with Windows ME installed.  When I
lauch Word2000, the system is running and busy forever.
Word2000 does not come up, and the system really is frozen.
When I CTRL-ALT-DEL, there will be error message saying
system resource is dangerously low, and do you want to
close the following application.  Such error messages
appear one after the other.  The only way to shutdown
computer is to turn the power off.   This problem occurs
only recently.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Henry

ERROR: System Resource is dangerously low

Post by Jerry Williams Jr » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:57:15

Start | search and find the file "normal.dot" (without quotes) and delete
it.  Do a restart, MSWord should now work.

Jerry

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a DELL desktop with Windows ME installed.  When I
> lauch Word2000, the system is running and busy forever.
> Word2000 does not come up, and the system really is frozen.
> When I CTRL-ALT-DEL, there will be error message saying
> system resource is dangerously low, and do you want to
> close the following application.  Such error messages
> appear one after the other.  The only way to shutdown
> computer is to turn the power off.   This problem occurs
> only recently.

> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,

> Henry

1. System is dangerously low on resources

Try disabling all the other programs running - use CTRL+ALT+DEL to see what
is running.
post back if you have multiple instances of any program running, with
details, and we'll see what's causing it!

--
Noel Paton

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

2. DVD-RAM And LS-120 Problems

3. dangerously low on resources error ?

4. windows update

5. "dangerously low resources"

6. One or more pictures could not be found

7. dangerously low on resources & word problems

8. Compression, Free-up space in 'C'

9. Dangerously Low On Resources

10. RESOURCES DANGEROUSLY LOW,

11. System resourses are dangerously low!

12. SideWinder FF2 "low system resources" error (was: Sidewinder Racing Wheel)

13. error message: system resources are low