Windows Network Printer Setup

Post by Jackie Gribbo » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to set up and use a network printer in Win
3.11/95?  By that I mean one directly connected to the network,
not a 'shared' printer.  Specifically, I'm using a Xerox 4512N,
I've configured it for TCP/IP and that works OK (I can use Ping
and Telnet to talk to it), I've set up the driver on the
workstation, but there's a missing link.  (TCP/IP is the default
protocol on our network, in case you're wondering).  Xerox
recommend I use a shareware 'lpr' spooler to take the output from
the Windows printer driver and pass it to the printer and
suggested a file called 'wlprs41.zip'.  I obtained this from an
archive site and installed it, but it won't work and I can't get
any support for it.  I would have thought (hoped) MS would provide
a driver and support for this, but I can't find anything.  If
you've done this sort of thing successfully, please contact me
urgently (preferably by mail as well as posting here).

regards

Jackie Gribbon